Disk Full and suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

xgen

Reaction score
You allready know about thge disk full error and everyones been quoted a large amount of space which isnt avaliable. Maybe the staff of x10 should alter the plans

example
The x10advanced plan gives 1000 megs, thats way more than is actually needed for a free website, i suggest this plan should be
Space: 200MB (a fith of the origional but plenty)
Bandwidth: between 15 to 20 GB

Thats enough for any website, if anyone needs more space then they should pay for it

tehpwner

Banned
Reaction score
Nah, I like my crazy amount of disk space. People also use this to host their own files for things like their own bands. They need this space. I suggest an upgrade on the server if you guys have enough money. Or going through the members and seeing if anyone is not using their space anymore.

NielsJanssen

Reaction score
I do think the advanced plan is really big but just as tehpwner says that some people need that space. i need the space to.

xgen

Reaction score
tehpwner said:
Nah, I like my crazy amount of disk space. People also use this to host their own files for things like their own bands. They need this space. I suggest an upgrade on the server if you guys have enough money. Or going through the members and seeing if anyone is not using their space anymore.

The disk full isnt because of the space allocated, everyone with advanced is quoted 1000 megabite limit of the main server space, but im only using 15mb of my 1000mb quota and get the error. Its because the server they are using is actually full and most people will be using tmax of their 1000mb quota which is unfair because people like myself needing to rebuild a forum cant even upload a custom template for phpbb let alone make the website

Chirantha

Reaction score
This is unfair. Just because you don't have things to upload doesn't mean that you can say the space is too much. FOr me I have used like 257MB's of space out of 2.5GB. But I am starting a forum were people can post there game creations and this means that Games Take Up Space as the entire forum. But thats the entire reson I like x10. And I make my own games then when I'm fenished making them I have to run around for a file host. But I like my own disk space. So stop it we need space. 1000MB is not enough for some people. I hope I don't run out of space. :(

bin_asc

Reaction score
I really like that we have a large amount of disk space.You are flexible and you don`t have a worry about installing a script and getting an error that you don`t have enough space.I`m with Corp.For those who wan more space I suggest the admins add payment for more space.About 12$/y for another 2.5 GB.

Maurice

Reaction score
bin_asc said:
I really like that we have a large amount of disk space.You are flexible and you don`t have a worry about installing a script and getting an error that you don`t have enough space.I`m with Corp.For those who wan more space I suggest the admins add payment for more space.About 12$/y for another 2.5 GB.

That is a good idea. :happy: But I won't think the prices would be the same as you suggested if it ever happened ^^

xgen

Reaction score
Im not complaining about the space and i do have alot of stuff to fill it, it just gets annoying when you trie to upload something, no matter the size and get a message saying that the host itself has run out of space, not your account on that host.

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
I like having so much space, I have Corporate and I'm using 1/5 of my space, but it's good to know you have space for long.

mattspec

Reaction score
suggested that the space should be lowered on the large plans and upgrades can be requested or paid for in forum points

Stiv_

Banned
Reaction score
xgen said:
You allready know about thge disk full error and everyones been quoted a large amount of space which isnt avaliable. Maybe the staff of x10 should alter the plans

example
The x10advanced plan gives 1000 megs, thats way more than is actually needed for a free website, i suggest this plan should be
Space: 200MB (a fith of the origional but plenty)
Bandwidth: between 15 to 20 GB

Thats enough for any website, if anyone needs more space then they should pay for it

were all handicapped by this incase u didnt notice? i havnt been able to upgrade my site in days, get used to it. any complaints PAY for hosting! as for the diskfull problem, log into your cpanel and use filemanager, still works from there!unluckily for me my account wont log into cpanel so for me its patients! droppin the advance plan is a bad idea especially if ur gonna try drop it to 200mb, jus because u dont use the space doesntmean we dont! i use at least 600mb of my 1gig! and the thought of bn able to update and add content to my site with no worries of diskspace is a releive of my shoulders! as wat bin_asc z i agree with that idea! if not that many ppl prefer and xtra data base rather than space, so y not $5 a database also? or start a new plan for the likes off xgel and co? droppin advance to 750 mb and corp to 2 gig? still plenty off space and gives an xtra packet for an xtra account on advance or have the new plan 250 mb space and 1 database? which wud giv 3 accounts availible by doppin 750 mb of both top plans, 2gig and 750 mb is still enough space, and u still wudnt get that anywhere else! or another idea is maybe giv the static plan a database meanin more ppl wud use that with low space rather than advance cuz many ppl jus use advance for the db? jus my suggestions if anything is to happen to the plans!

TranceOperator

Reaction score
Ok but here's the thing, I AM paying. Yeah it's not much and that's awesome, but it's still a waste of money if I can't edit / fix my website for days at a time because the host is allowing too many signups and the disk gets full :|

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
TranceOperator said:
Ok but here's the thing, I AM paying. Yeah it's not much and that's awesome, but it's still a waste of money if I can't edit / fix my website for days at a time because the host is allowing too many signups and the disk gets full :|
... your site should be on a different server. Not where all the accounts are created. If your not on the biz server you need to tell Corey.

Stiv_

Banned
Reaction score
yes nick yer right there i have to agree, paying customers do come first and ud like to think if u where paying ud have a stable reliable server to get hosted on!

Status
Not open for further replies.