Disk Quota Blocking Uploads

Status
Not open for further replies.

addozone

Reaction score
New user. Trying to upload an existing website. No videos, not too many images besides logos and thumbnails. I think total size is about 2GB, and it won't likely ever be more than that. It should come down because we're streamlining code. We're more of a visual directory - we avoid storing things locally.

You can see the website design we're uploading at https://addo.zone

I came here because it said unlimited disk space, but my uploads are being blocked by a disk quota. Is there a process to get disk space expanded? Any/all guidance appreciated!

Last edited:

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
Is there a process to get disk space expanded?
-
for new x10hosting's free-hosting accounts - disk space is initially limited at 512 MB - Users may request (in this forum) for unmetered (not unlimited) disk space

The requirements for unmetered disk space are:
* The account has been active for at least 7 days.
* The account must be using at least half (50%) of it's current disk space allotment.
* The account must have a valid (i.e. working) website and follows the Terms of Service (TOS).
before x10hosting's Admins will upgrade your account

this upgrade is completely free
###

addozone

Reaction score
-
for new x10hosting's free-hosting accounts - disk space is initially limited at 512 MB - Users may request (in this forum) for unmetered (not unlimited) disk space

The requirements for unmetered disk space are:
* The account has been active for at least 7 days.
* The account must be using at least half (50%) of it's current disk space allotment.
* The account must have a valid (i.e. working) website and follows the Terms of Service (TOS).
before x10hosting's Admins will upgrade your account

this upgrade is completely free
###

Cheers. That's useful. I guess I can try to get a portion of the website running in half the disk space.

addozone

Reaction score
Ok, I have my site and database installed and operational. You can check out my mixtape here: http://addozone.x10host.com/GQ

A couple of links may still point back to the old host that I'm moving from – and/or hit dead ends – because I don't have the disk space needed to finish the install and I'm working on a strategy to manage the domain name.

@bdistler - thanks for the guidance.

@Anna - may I have access to more disk space so I can finish my install, or do I really have to wait 7 days?

Thanks again. x10Hosting rocks and will help me stay live while I work on the next release.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You really have to wait 7 days. Nothing personal; a lot of people doing nasty things have made that a necessary, no-exceptions policy. There's still a chance that people will do a bait-and-switch (load a "nice" site to get the upgrade, then load something rather different once they've got it), but the 7-day set-up for something like that brings the numbers way, way down.

addozone

Reaction score
You really have to wait 7 days. Nothing personal; a lot of people doing nasty things have made that a necessary, no-exceptions policy. There's still a chance that people will do a bait-and-switch (load a "nice" site to get the upgrade, then load something rather different once they've got it), but the 7-day set-up for something like that brings the numbers way, way down.
Ok, I understand. I'm impatient, but I'll survive. Is there anything I need to do besides post this thread? Do I need to post again after it's been 7 days?

Thanks again for replying.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It probably wouldn't hurt to post a new thread requesting unmetered storage once the seven days are up. Things can fall off the front page, or be overlooked because they've already been read by the people who can do what you need done. (I don't have the needed access, myself. Whoever does the upgrade will do a quick once-over of your files at filesystem level to make sure there are no known nasties or ToS violations, so access is rather restricted.)

Status
Not open for further replies.