Dislpaying my index.htm file

Status
Not open for further replies.

kobek22

Reaction score
I've created an index.htm file that I want displayed when people view my website and I can't figure out how to do that. With that said, I would also like to link the files I have uploaded into my directory to my index.htm file.

moinkhan

Reaction score
When you try your url for homepage, do you get the following message?

Great Success !
Apache is working on your cPanel® and WHM™ Server

If you haven't already, place index.htm in public_html directory, and try your url again. If you still just get the success page, try the complete url like (www.yourdomain.com/index.htm).

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Create hyperlinks in your index.htm file and than place index.htm and your other files to public_html....

Need any more help???

kobek22

Reaction score
Yeah, I've loaded my index file and I try to type that in my URL area and when it loads it gives me an error page. Here is the URL link to my site

Kevinswork.x10hosting.com

gomarc

Reaction score
Rename Index.htm to index.html (all lower case)

Last edited:

kobek22

Reaction score
Awesome, that worked great. The only thing now is getting the other sites to link to my index. I've applied links to them but not too sure how the code will go.

I'm thinking:

<a href="/public_html/Index of Tutorials/Tutorial 1/Case 1/Euler.htm">Euler.htm</a>

Would that seem right to link it to files already in my domain?

kobek22

Reaction score
I think I got it all setup now. Thanks for your help. I'll probably be asking more questions. This is all VERY new to me

Status
Not open for further replies.