Displaying Video on Two Monitors

clareto

Reaction score
I've a 1280x480 video. That is twice the width of a full screen video (640x480). And I have a matrox graphics card with two vga outputs, and i'm currently using both of them. But when I put winamp, windows media or divx player in fullscreen, i get the video only on the main monitor. The question is:

Does anybody knows how to make the video show in both screens?

I mean, the left half of the video in the left monitor, and the right half of the video in the right monitor.

Thanx

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
all i know is if you make the windowed mode as big as possible you can just set it between the screens and it sometimes works depending on your software...

i dont know though about full screen, it seems like it only will play a video in the screen that the main player is in...

if anyone knows i'd like to know too :) maybe googles the only hope though...

clareto

Reaction score
dark, I've just tryed it: when the video window spans across the two screens, the video shows ok in the main monitor, but flickers in the secondary monitor. I know there should be a way to do it fullscreen!

moose

Reaction score
I thought you had to have 2 vid cards for dual monitors.

Like, because there's only one port going out for the monitor and I don't think you'd wanna split that to 2.

I'll be looking around for an answer for you.

clareto

Reaction score
I've a matrox card with two outputs. The two outputs are not the same. I mean, windows shows two monitors in the display settings window. It is actually dual monitors, but I cant find any software capable of splashing the video on both of them. Fullscreen fills only one of the screens, while the other shows the windows desktop.

moose

Reaction score
Isn't that what it's supposed to be like?

Hmm well Google would help.

clareto

Reaction score
I've tryed google, and all i get is something about video overlay and the fact that Mac can do it very quick. but nothing about windows. If somebody know if this is possible, please post!!!! thanks moose

clareto

Reaction score
thanks moose, Im still learning english, but japanese is a no sense language for me, lol!

those are some of the searches i've made:

video dual monitors
displaying video two monitors
"display video on two screens"
winamp video multiple screens
video multiple screens
(and replacing the "screens" word by "monitor" or "display")

i've found no useful info :(