DNS already exists

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
What is wrong?

there are errors in your domain's DNS records

the [ A ] record has a IP address to ns1.x10hosting.com (198.91.80.2) and not to your x10hosting account's server

the [ NS ] records have nameservers of [ docks18.rzone.de ] and [ shades15.rzone.de ] which are not for x10hosting

pietje63

Reaction score
THanks bdistler

I was missing the NS option and therefore decided to update the A record.. Apparently that is not the right way :)

I updated the A record (domain) and the NS record (for the www subdomain; the NS record can be changed for subdomains). Let's check in a day or two whether this works.

pietje63

Reaction score
OK, apparently it is not possible to update the NS settings for the main domein. Shitty service of Strato for domain names..

The options I have include:
- Changing the A record. I can point this to 'my' X10 server, but this does not change the NS and does not allow me to add the domain via Cpanel
- Changing the NS servers of a subdomain, but this does not appear to work out (It is difficult to get the nameservers of a subdomain and adding a subdomain only via Cpanel does not appear to work)

Alternatives:
- Using a forward with a frame to include the site. This is ugly, but acceptable (it is a personanle site only). This does however not allow me to use the X10 mailing system. I can change the MX records of the domain to point to X10, but it appears that this does not work if I cannot add the domain.

Any other thought would be appreciated, otherwise I will look for alternative domain hosters.

lylex10h

Reaction score
https://www.godaddy.com/help/about-nl-domains-5336 states the following:
All .nl domain names must have two (2) authoritative name servers. Before you register or update the domain, you must list only those name servers in its zone file.

So it appears you will need to set the NS records (not to be confused with domain name servers) on shades15.rzone.de and docks18.rzone.de (the domain name servers) to NS1.X10HOSTING.COM and NS2.X10HOSTING.COM and then you can change the name servers to NS1.X10HOSTING.COM and NS2.X10HOSTING.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.