DNS Error & Slow to Load

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulb

Reaction score
Hi,

Having now just got my website back & access to CPanel & Account Panel restored. I am now being perpetuarly plagued with the following error message whenever i try to access my website, cpanel & account panel:
The webpage "fire-stop.co.cc" cannot be found

DNS error occurred. Server cannot be found. The link may be broken.

Other websites & IE generally seem to be ok.
When my website does open; it is incredibly slow & some photos don't show; just that annoying little red cross in the corner. If or when i do manage to access Cpanel, when i click on file manager, or other functions, it's exactly the same.

So, has anyone any ideas? All was wonderful until a week ago when things went pear shaped on x10 & now I'm getting functionality back, there seems to be a new set of problems.

I've done the faq's here & tried a 'DNS Flush', but that dosn't seem to work

Last edited:

smartflight

Reaction score
Same problem for me- a part of it.

Very slow. Times out quite a few times.
On Chopin.

jade852

Reaction score
hi,

My site has been on and off for ages too and lilttle red crosees on images etc.. have been told to look at this link...

cPanel and apache upgrade on all servers. see http://status.x10hosting.com

hope this sheds some light as i think there is alot of work going on behind the scenes still that affects the free hosting

jade

paulb

Reaction score
I'm on chopin too, so maybe that explains the slowness?

As for the DNS error; would this be caused by the upgrade work? Unfortunately, I am a newbie; not a techie at all, so I don't understand a lot of the lingo that gets used here, let alone the ramifications of these upgrades, etc. This is only my 2nd attempt at putting together a website & my only attempt at installing an online database; I'm self taught & half the time I don't know why something has succeded or failed!

As of 15 mins ago, I'm still suffering the same DNS/slowness issues, so I'll assume until told otherwise that it's down to the work on cpanel & apache, (whatever that is!) & that this work is continuing. If that's not the case, perhaps someone could come back to me with alternative causes for both of these situations & if it is down to the upgrades; does anyone know when they are supposed to be completed?

Status
Not open for further replies.