DNS error with ns1 and ns2.x10hosting.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

springbox99

Reaction score
Hello,
When I fill out the name servers ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com at my registrar, I have a DNS error.
My registrar, joined by phone, says name servers are wrong.
Help me please. (This is my 4th message)
Thank you.

EDIT : I've called my registrar again. I have first to park my domain at x10, but it doesn't work. Cpanel says he does not find the IP of my domain name. How can i solve the problem ? :confused:

Last edited:

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,
When I fill out the name servers ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com at my registrar, I have a DNS error.
My registrar, joined by phone, says name servers are wrong.
Help me please. (This is my 4th message)
Thank you.

They are correct.

NameServers

springbox99

Reaction score
Thank you for your answer.
So, what is the problem ? Do i have to park domain first ? When i do, Cpanel says it does not find the domain's IP.

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Thank you for your answer.
So, what is the problem ? Do i have to park domain first ? When i do, Cpanel says it does not find the domain's IP.

First you have to change the nameservers

The DNS propagation may take upto 48 hours then you can park domain.

springbox99

Reaction score
Hello again,

I'm sorry, but it still does not work.
There is an organization, the AFNIC (French Association for Internet naming and Cooperation), which blocks the pointing of the domain name to name servers if the domain ".fr" does not appear on the server.
So I can not change the server names first and then park my domain. I have to do the opposite.
The question is how?
Thank you

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

More information here :
http://www.afnic.fr/outils/zonecheck_en

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

- up

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
It looks like your only other option to try is to give up trying to park your domain, and instead change to your .fr domain as your main domain. You can do this through your account panel under your hosting details. https://x10hosting.com/control/login.php Let me know here if it works or not.

springbox99

Reaction score
Thank you for your answer, even if i've found it by myself.
I did this and added my domain pcriot.com as parked domain.
And it works ! :-D
Thank you again

Explanations in french :
Si vous utilisez un nom de domaine externe, il vous faut d'abord modifier les serveurs de nom chez votre registraire avant de le "garer" chez x10hosting dans Cpanel.
Le problème, c'est que cette procédure ne fonctionne pas si vous utilisez un nom de domaine en .fr, à cause du zone check de l'AFNIC (Association française pour le nommage Internet en coopération). La solution, c'est donc de modifier votre nom de domaine principal, puis de modifier les serveurs de noms chez le registraire.
Si vous voulez garder un nom de domaine chez x10 (.pcriot, .exofire, etc.), celui-là, vous pouvez le garer.
En espérant que ce post sera utile à plein de gens.

Status
Not open for further replies.