DNS [.PT] ERROR [Admin Needed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

clitecx1

Reaction score
Hi.
I have been trying to add my domain (clitec.pt] to my x10 free account.

It gives me an error when I try add name x10hosting servers on my domain provider.
One memeber of the comunity already told me that I need to ask and admin to accept my NameServer change, because my domain its .pt and x10hosting has that kinda of rule...

So can some one help me pls?

*** ERROR ***
DnsException: Error #4;
O servidor não é autoritário para o domínio;
ns1.x10hosting.com
Log da avaliação:
****++++****++++****

; <<>> DiG 9.9.4-RedHat-9.9.4-18.el7_1.2 <<>> @ns1.x10hosting.com clitec.pt NS +norecurse +noadflag
; (1 server found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: REFUSED, id: 30020
;; flags: qr; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 512
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;clitec.pt. IN NS

;; Query time: 170 msec
;; SERVER: 162.159.24.224#53(162.159.24.224)
;; WHEN: Tue May 30 10:52:01 WEST 2017
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 38

****++++****++++****

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
I have been trying to add my domain (clitec.pt] to my x10 free account.
-
If your domain registrar requires that the nameserver has a zone file for your domain before it will allow you to set the nameservers - you need to open a support post in this forum (i.e. do not hijack someone's thread) and ask the Admins to set a zone file for your domain in your account

as a security and verification test - to prevent users from attempting domain hijacking - x10hosting has set the requirements for free-hosting accounts - you need to set the DNS (Domain Name System) [ NS ] records (for your domain) to x10hosting's nameservers [ ns1.x10hosting.com ] and [ ns2.x10hosting.com ] for all [ Addon ] or [ Parked (same as 'Aliases')] domains - instead of DNS [ A ] or [ CNAME ] record - before you can add the domain (in cPanel) as an [ Addon ] or [ Parked (same as 'Aliases') ] domain

just adding an DNS [ A ] and/or [ CNAME ] record will not work
###
-
the issue is those registrars with non-standard requirements that x10hosting's Admins must configure the DNS nameserver (NS) records on your account before you can set the DNS-NS records there - which must be done before you can add them in cPanel as an Addon or Parked (same as 'Aliases') domain - it is a cPanel requirement
###

these registrars are known to have a (non-standard) requirement that x10hosting's Admins must configure the DNS nameserver (NS) records first
and for [ .br ]
and for [ .pt ]
and for [ .it ]
and for [ .fr ]
###

Status
Not open for further replies.