Dns?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cory44

Reaction score
I installed wordpress and I get a failure to connect to database. Same with all of my scripts.

I even installed the fantastico version of word press and even that fails to connect.

Something is wrong with my account. All users get refused by the MySQL server.

--------------------------------------
What is the Domain Name Server Address? What is the ns1 and ns2 address for my account?

Last edited:

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

cory44

Reaction score
I can't do a thing without MySQL. HELP :)

Last edited:

cory44

Reaction score
FYI Created database, created user, added user to database yada yada yada... did all that. Using localhost EVERYTHING fails, all users and all scripts, even fantastico scripts.

YES, even scripts installed automatically through fantastico fail.

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Thank you to anyone looking into this.

My name is Cory. I am a programmer with 25 years exp. I am here because, well my last host owner and I became friends. After 5 years I was given root access to the server. Well, he has decided to close shop so I am out looking for a new home. I am an application developer without a platform as of the 19th and would like to see this host become my new home. I DO like offering help and support and teach programming so you may find me helpful around here.

As for this current issue. I know it is not me. I know it is the server. So kudos to whom ever can fix it. If it is me I will admit it in the end. But as it stands now, it just can't be me.

:) hehehehehe

For Example: As I am looking for a new host, I have installed what I am installing now 8 times already in the last 24 hours. This is old hat for me. It is the server. :)

Last edited:

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
That's a bit weird :/

Try disabling persistent connections

~Callum

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
PHP:
define('DB_NAME', 'doberman_wrdp1');
define('DB_USER', 'doberman_wrdp1');
define('DB_PASSWORD', '********');
define('DB_HOST', 'localhost');

$link = mysqli_connect( DB_HOST, DB_USER, DB_PASSWORD, DB_NAME );

if (!$link) {
    die('Connect Error (' . mysqli_connect_errno() . ') '
            . mysqli_connect_error());
}

echo 'Success... ' . mysqli_get_host_info($link) . "\n";

mysqli_close($link);

exit();

Could you run the above script and tell us the exact error message?

Note that the database name and user name should both be of the format:

doberman_wrdp1

where 'doberman' is your cPanel username

cory44

Reaction score
heheheh I was just writing something like that... too funny.

Was looking up how mysqli vs mysql that mysql automatically disables persistent connections

BRB

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

Here you go...
http://watchdogserver.elementfx.com/dbtest.php

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
I meant for you to use your information (db name, db user, password) to try to connect.

cory44

Reaction score
heheheh I was just writing something like that... too funny.

Was looking up how mysqli vs mysql that mysql automatically disables persistent connections

BRB

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

Here you go...
http://watchdogserver.elementfx.com/dbtest.php

and re-written for mysql

http://watchdogserver.elementfx.com/dbtest2.php

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

What I am gathering it is a corrupted config for mysql server

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

I meant for you to use your information (db name, db user, password) to try to connect.

Whoops.... I am use to being able to cross accounts.... been so long since I have been stuck under a user name... hehehe BRB

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

HEHEHE I hadn't even changed the password from ***** I am so frustrated right now...

OK fized but the error is now 28000/1045 as opposed to just 1045

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

HEHEHE I hadn't even changed the password from ***** I am so frustrated right now...

OK fized but the error is now 28000/1045 as opposed to just 1045

Last edited:

cory44

Reaction score
it already is localhost
define('DB_HOST', 'localhost');

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

PHP Translates localhost into the real host once it finds it, that is perfectly normal to see that.

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

I still think something got misconfigured when my account was created. If am the only one with this error then it happened during setup. If I not the only one, then mysql has a config issue. I HATE NOT HAVING ROOT. :) I Miss my root

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Is Corey ever on his ICQ? I haven't seen him on since I signed up. I know I woudn't be hehehe

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

FYI

The wordpress install from fantastico is located here...

http://cayennasoft.com

This is the one that was installed through Cpanel so you know the password is correct and is not user related error.

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

NOTE TO ANY ADMIN:

I created 1 support ticket regarding DNS address. I then created a 2nd ticket regarding the database issue at midnight. The 1st ticket was answered in under 5 minutes. The second went un-answered. I then created a 3rd ticket about the database issue the next day. I then noticed that when I enter the forums, click on support tickets, it only goes the 1st ticket I ever wrote, no option to close it anywhere and my other 2 tickets are not found anywhere, as well as still gone un-answered 24 hours later.

SO, I went back into the 1st ticket and started posting about the database issue and POW, all of a sudden people are responding to it. So, wondering why this happened. Does this have anything to do with why I can't access the database? Is this right? I can't close tickets, only 1 ticket is seen by the public? The other 2 tickets still gone un-viewed as of this very minute?

Is this problem with the database, an over all account issue?

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

I am afraid of trying to close an account and opening a new one because I am sure your system will catch in IP issue just even thinking about do something like that.

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

Ok, I was hoping that the silence was because someone is researching this problem, or even trying to fix it. but now it has been long enough I am starting to think that everyone has become just as stomped as me and took off.

Do I (Cory) have to wait for the main Corey in order to resolve this? I kinda have come to that conclusion anyway.

Last edited:

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
Did you properly select ALL PRIVILEGES after adding it to make sure the user has access to the database?

Last edited:

cory44

Reaction score
Absolutely! No stone un-turned. And the error code, looked up, says it a config issue server side.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
And the error code, looked up, says it a config issue server side.

Sorry, it doesn't mean that at all. It is the standard error code for when access is denied for any reason (you misspelled the username, wrong password, etc).

cory44

Reaction score
Yeah, you may be right about the error code, but yes... I am 100% absolutely sure everything is set up right. I am actually working on my software at another host right now simply because I can't get it to work here. Like I said, even the fantastico installations do not work. That should tell you that is it not anything i have done or not done because fantastico does everything for you so there is no such thing is a misconfiguration user-side with fantastico. {EVEN FANTASTICO INSTALLATIONS DO NOT CONNECT}

From where I am sitting, it looks like this... I lost my host because my friends are closing it down where I was the system root admin. I have since then tried 12 other hosts including this one and the reason for not sticking with the other hosts was not because I couldn't get the database to work. :) There is nothing wrong with my connection code, mis-spellings, passwords, code... NOTHING! I am working on my software at another host right now simply because I can't get this one to work. I would like to call this host my new home and close the others down because the features here and attitude is so much better here. BUT, without a database connection, I can't work on my php/ajax/jquery v2.0 application that I have been working on since January.

I am so frustrated about this. So I hope you can imagine how I feel, with 25 years programming experience as a web developer who has written & installed php and perl applications connecting MySQL over 1000 time since 1998, when someone replies with, "Are you sure you have the right password?" I want to fire off like a rocket through my own roof! Yes I check my password long ago. Something is wrong with the configuration of either my account or with the MySQL server. And I need the support of someone who has access to my account on an administration level, root access, who can see for him/her self how this looks over here. I am obviously even missing things in my control panel.

So, Please forgive me or my attitude, if I have one. I am just going nuts!

---------- Post added at 07:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 AM ----------

Can someone just delete my account and let me start over? Obviously I am the only one with this issue, I read the boards and no one else is posting anything crazy like this. Please just shoot this dead horse and let me resurrect in the next life. Create a different account. If I still have this problem in the second account I promise to go away and never come back for the rest of my life. :)

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Hellsheep has since fixed this on IRC - for the curious, somehow Cory44's Remote Hosts was blank so the mysql server was ignoring every request he made. Chalk it up to another cpanel "Undocumented Feature" where "update all remote mysql hosts" didn't update -all- of them. :)

Leaving it open for now in case there's any other issues that pop up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.