Do frames cause a problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoelace

Reaction score
Hopefully someone knows the answer to this. It is kind of long so here is the quotes first:

Also, no one ever responded to me the last two times I asked this, but, I use Frames in my website. Where you click on a page and the right side changes. Anyways, the right side always has the ad code, however, with that Ad search script you guys use, would it look at my nav.html (the left side of the page), and see that there is no ads on nav.html.?However, if you are looking at the page as a whole it will show ads on each page.

Also, I was in the process in remaking the site (as you can tell, witch is why there were missing links and temp pictures, updated on Friday), so I can take off the frames if it does create a problem.

and also:

Thanks. However, I still didn't get an answer with my frames question. Do you want me to get rid of the frames altogether? Because I do have ads on all of the pages, except nav.html and index.html because the frames are included in those and the right side does have the ads.

And you said that index.html has to have ads. So does frames create a problem for this? If so I will fix it.

By the way, I just noticed there is a file in my filemanger called postinfo.html and it has frontpage stuff on it. I never this page on there and it doesn't have ads on it, should I put an ad on this page?

So yeah, do you guys want me to get rid of the frames altogether if it creates a problem? Hopefully I get an answer because I don't want to bother you guys if I get suspanded because of this reason.

Anyways, I included the last quote because I have a question about that too. There is this postinfo.html in my filemanger space and it has something to do with frontpage. I never made that page and it must of added itself. Do I delete it, put an ad on it, or just leave it alone?

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
It is perfectly ok for you to have ads. As long as they are visable, and you can see them from your "main site".

My ad checking script even looks in frames for ads.. :)

Shoelace

Reaction score
Thank you very much. :p

Also, does anyone know anything about my second question?

TheJeffsta

Reaction score
Im pretty sure you can just leave it. Its just there as a sort of file database or something. It isn't really ever publicly viewable so yeah. This is usually a file created if you have created a form on your website and have selected a file database.

Im not 100% sure about it, but if I'm wrong, anyother users can correct me :)

Chris S

Retired
Reaction score
If you have it linked it must have ads. So if people can click a link and view the page you must also see the ads.

I believe that that file is there for the cpanel file editor information. But i could be wrong on that.

TheJeffsta

Reaction score
One thing, he is not sure what its used for or whether anything links to it or makes use of it.

It might help us if you post any php scripts that you are using on your hosting account, some of them do create odd random files.

Status
Not open for further replies.