Do you believe in God?

Criptex

Reaction score
It still doesn't change the fact that your "God" is just as violent as anyone elses. The world being different is irrelevant. Saying the world belongs to him is just a silly way of justifying what you believe.

Ok.. In first place I think that you are the one who is trying to justify your point of view with a distort knowledge of the real facts.
In first place... by the way you speak I can notice that you haven't read the bible... the problem with that, is that you cannot put your opinion about the facts if you don't know the whole story.
In first place nobody is saying that those were sons of God... please note the difference between creating something and adopting it as your child, the fact that you create something doesn't mean that is your child, that is a silly thought, if you take in count the suffer of the crucifixation of Jesus to give us the right to be called his sons.
To make things easier for you, let me tell you that for us, the people who believe in God, the time has to parts. BC. before Christ... and AC. after Christ, and everything in the old testament of the bible, talks about things that happened before Jesus Christ.
In the book of Hebrews, (new testament) the author specifies that in those times the sons of God were only the people chosen for God, the hebrews, and the rest of the human creation was condemned to death because there was no way they could go to a place that wasn't made for them. so they were not sons of, God, they were just... creation...
And you can say... what happened with the other hebrews that died...
the answer is also in the new testament.
the sons of God also have to believe that they're sons of God, if you don't believe, then you are not his son...
Also... this is not a silly way to explain my beliefs, this is what I stand for, and if you have more doubts, I think you should read the bible someday.
anyways, about the last commentary, thank you for the observation... I'll try to fix that ;)

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Ok.. In first place I think that you are the one who is trying to justify your point of view with a distort knowledge of the real facts.

And what is fact? The Bible? The Bible is baseless and contains very little facts.

In first place... by the way you speak I can notice that you haven't read the bible... the problem with that, is that you cannot put your opinion about the facts if you don't know the whole story.

Wrong, I have read the Bible plenty of times. The stores in it are so absurd at times that I can't believe people can take it seriously. They aren't facts for one.

In first place nobody is saying that those were sons of God...

A person is a person. Genocide is not justifiable in any situation. Even if they were the scum of the earth murdering them all is not right.

please note the difference between creating something and adopting it as your child, the fact that you create something doesn't mean that is your child, that is a silly thought, if you take in count the suffer of the crucifixation of Jesus to give us the right to be called his sons.

If I get my wife pregnant and we have a baby, we created that baby, not "God".

To make things easier for you, let me tell you that for us, the people who believe in God, the time has to parts. BC. before Christ... and AC. after Christ, and everything in the old testament of the bible, talks about things that happened before Jesus Christ.

I know how all about the old and new testament and the omitted books.

anyways, about the last commentary, thank you for the observation... I'll try to fix that ;)

No problem.

MysticGarden

Reaction score
Well I'm in the process of writing a metaphysical book on the extraordinary. I would like to first say something from a excerpt from the book I am writing which says:

"Life in it's explanations and experiences are inadequate to a true understanding of consciousness. Somethings in life cannot be explained, but experienced. Experiences do not always lead to immediate explanations. The truth is it's a balance; an equilibrium of consciousness between the two."

So, with that in mind.

Just because you can't see something does not mean it is not real. For example, wind is something that exist, but you cannot see it.

It's the same way with energy for some people. Everyone and everything in nature whether it is a person, crystal, tree, a stone, a crystal,ect has energy.

I believe we all are very capable of becoming attuned to things through our third eye. It's just some people choose not to be open minded..other people ignorant to it..and some people turn it off. Then, there are people like me who are "tuned in."

I am a 4th generation clairvoyant, empath, healer, ect

My great grandmother (on my mom's side) was a healer who could talk burns away,ect.

My grandmother (on my dad's side) was a clairvoyant, medium, ect)

Anyways, I believe there is a "God." I just don't associate him with a particular religion because I believe there is some truth in all religions.

BentFX

Reaction score
I believe in a creator. I see the universe as being too well engineered, to have arisen out of a random blast of energy. I have difficulty with the six day creation story, but I throw my lot in with Jesus Christ. I think, to be well rounded humans we need some belief in a higher meaning to our lives. We need a reason to do the right thing. If we believe we have simply evolved from the primordial stew, that's all we are, stew. Life deserves a higher meaning, even if it is in error. Without a higher purpose we are nothing more than fancy mold.

I believe in science. I don't think science and a creator are mutually exclusive. There is plenty of room for both in our universe. In fact, should the creator exist, he is a masterful scientist. Einstein did just fine believing in God.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Just because you can't see something does not mean it is not real. For example, wind is something that exist, but you cannot see it.

There is a huge difference in seeing wind and seeing "God". With wind you can feel it and even detect it. We know why we have wind, we know where it comes from, we can even predict where it will go.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
you can feel god too..you can feel his energy :) open ur mind some

It's not about opening your mind, it's about physical evidence. You may think you feel "God" but I call that a product of delusion.

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
[...]
To make things easier for you, let me tell you that for us, the people who believe in God, the time has to parts. BC. before Christ... and AC. after Christ,
Don't you mean AD? AD stands for Anno Domini.

Every since then my life has changed for the better, miracles have happened for me, and he showed me that his existence is real even though I never doubted it.
Why would God choose to make your life better, and let other "faithful" people die of starvation or disease?

Last edited:

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score
Here is my opinion:
Please do not be offended by this, it is what I think...

I believe God is a fictional character. I believe that he was made a long time ago, by people who were intelligent and smart. I think that God was made so that it could be a religion, so it can be carried by "hope" or "faith", and these are things that CANNOT BE PROVEN NOR UNPROVEN!! I believe that God was made so that humaninty would not fall upon it self. Within all of us is an evil, and a good. The people who made God believed that most humans were evil, so they made God. With religion in equation, it would help ease the evil, thinking that people would go to heaven if they were to do bad things.

Since "faith" and "hope" and God cannot be denied, it would be a perfect cover up for those humans who are "evil" and so humanity would not fall upon itself, because humans can think, for the better or the worse.

I think this makes sense and I stand by it.

Criptex

Reaction score
I think one of our biggest problems is that we want to keep everything under control, we do not want to think that something that is out of our control or cannot be explained... is real.
If we could see the extension of the universe, and the size of our planet compared with the universe, I think we would start to think about a superior being. something that we can't see, but is evident that is true.

You know how many asteroids could break our planet into pieces... asteroids bigger than the earth itself... is not about our atmosphere... is about something bigger than us that takes care of our safety, the food in our tables, etc, etc.
And I know many people may think, well there's million of people out there starving, why you say that God takes care of us... and the answer is simple...
In first place we are a very fragile specie, if anything in our habitat changes, it also affect us, our skin is so sensitive that we can die very easily... we have to live under specific climates in order to not die of cold or heat. and you think that the earth itself takes care of every detail? you think that the exact amount of chemicals in the air are there just cuz? you know.. if the athmosphere were like it was before... you would die in your first breath, and so many other things...
Humans didn't fix the air, humans didn't make the fruit came out of the earth with some experiments, we didn't make our own shield against everything that is in space... we didn't move the earth away from the sun or put it closer so we can have heat and at the same time don't get burn.
You know, things in our world are a work of engineering that exceeds everything known. everything is perfect.
And maybe you can say: I work to bring food to my table, but... who provide you that work? you know that theres countries were you try to find a job and you can't not because you are not prepare, but because there is no such thing as a job.
And why those people are poor.. you may say... well in first place, they are there to make us appreciate what He gave us. and to prove our hearts and our misericory to others, as God had mercy of us.
And if you study where are the poorest people in the globe, you will notice that the story of those countries have something in common: witchcraft, a inmense number of differents gods, each one with different power.
God conmdemed politeism and praise to anything that is in earth, or below earth.

Second reason... men destroy men... men are the ones who contaminated the natural sources of water in many countries, polluted the air, make wars and kill each other, waste what the earth produces, and then using it to move our cars and contaminate our air, men create weapons and use them to kill other man.
And about the Noah thing... If someone has some knowledge of the bible... the fundamental thing to know is that God has put laws. Laws that you believe it or not, they apply to us, and even if you don't believe, the laws that are written in the bible, they are actually true, and you can see it when you do something bad, and if you believe it or not, one day you will pay for it.
But even though we had tough laws, God in His great mercy decided to give his own son, Jesus to destroy our relation to the laws that he putted before. and now the law has changed.
Now if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is real and he reaised from death, you can be saved, before you couldn't.
now we have to give the other cheek, before it was teeth for teeth.
But I think our biggest problem is to believe in things more complex that our comprenhention. Like the guy who said that he is medium... I believe it, in my family... we have mediums, even witches... but everyone decides what to do with the things that God has given you.
Maybe is easy for me to belive because I've seen things that cannot be explained by any means, but I know they are true, but when you realize that this world is just a replique of part of the sobrenatural world (that is not my mind, it says that in the bible) you can understand that theres things that may seem like they're not real, but they are more real than the things that we can see and touch.

truthguild

Reaction score
Let me go back a few posts here:

Actually, the Hebrew word that is used as day here is a literal 24 hour day. So, you really can't try and squeeze 9.2 billion years into 24 hours.
thus the objective evidence and bible disagree. this isn't a good case for the bible.

As you said, there is no sun yet, so the only light that there was came from God. The only difference between night and day at that time was from the light that came from God, not the sun's light.
and here begin the logical fallacies. argument ad hoc. any evidence to support this claim that god exists and gives off light - but only at certain times?

What on earth does a firmament have to do with a crystal dome?
To prefent confusion, let me give you the dictionary definition of a firmament: The region of the air; the sky or heavens.
I just don't see how you can equate that with a crystal dome.

Firmament

from the Vulgate firmamentum, which is used as the translation of the Hebrew _raki'a_. This word means simply "expansion." It denotes the space or expanse like an arch appearing immediately above us. They who rendered _raki'a_ by firmamentum regarded it as a solid body. The language of Scripture is not scientific but popular, and hence we read of the sun rising and setting, and also here the use of this particular word. It is plain that it was used to denote solidity as well as expansion. It formed a division between the waters above and the waters below (Gen. 1:7). The _raki'a_ supported the upper reservoir (Ps. 148:4). It was the support also of the heavenly bodies (Gen. 1:14), and is spoken of as having "windows" and "doors" (Gen. 7:11; Isa. 24:18; Mal. 3:10) through which the rain and snow might descend.

What you claim to right is sheer speculation. How do you know the order of life developed on earth? You don't. Animals could never of survived with out plants. In the fossil record, we find from the very beginning, animals that lived entirely upon plants. Take for example the fossilized bee hive that was found recently. It supposedly dates back to the period before plants were ever created, but, how do bees live without plants? Answer me that one.
the fossil record and the genetic record give rather clear indications of the order that life developed. you're also misrepresenting my argument, as i specified [/i]land[/i] plants come after marine life. regarding the fossilized bee hive - source please?

And, the assumption that is used to date stars is the speed of light. When a star is assigned an age, scientist, first find the distance of the star from the earth, then multiply that by the current speed of light. But there is an assumption that they are making when they do that. They assume that the speed of light has remained constant, a group of scientists, I forget their names, but I'll look it up if you want, recently found some good evidence to show that it is possible that the speed of light has been slowing down over time and infact, following the pattern that they observed, would of gone into infinity, (reached an infinite speed) about 6000 years ago, which is the time we also believe the eath was created.
wrong, speed of light is used to determine the distance of a star, along with other methods to independantly cross-confirm that distance. the main method for determining age is composition.
and yes, i would love to see that research, since last time i checked, no evidence existed for c-decay. if c-decay is true, however, it provides a much bigger problem for a young universe than it could ever solve.

Also, why couldn't God of set all the light in place, so that we would receive the light from the stars from the very first day, instead of having to wait 2 million light years to be able to see their light?
because 1) it is an ad hoc argument
2) no evidence suggests it
3) it would mean your god is a liar

Oh ya? Really? Who says? Where are the intermediate fossil links between birds and whales and land animals?
such as Archaeopteryx lithographica and Ambulocetus natans?

Again, you're basing this all on speculations, NOT fact.
only if by "speculation" you mean multiple lines of objective evidence that converge and cross-confirm each other

So, I fail to see what point you are making here...
quite simply, that genesis does not provide any evidence for the existance of a god.

Criptex

Reaction score
and here begin the logical fallacies. argument ad hoc. any evidence to support this claim that god exists and gives off light - but only at certain times?

Well, this light that we are talking is the Holy spirit itself. then he stopped dwelling in the earth and was only given to chosen people... then He reappears in the resurecction of Christ. but is not that at certain times He gives off light and then disappears.

truthguild

Reaction score
Well, this light that we are talking is the Holy spirit itself. then he stopped dwelling in the earth and was only given to chosen people... then He reappears in the resurecction of Christ. but is not that at certain times He gives off light and then disappears.
and thus enters into the conversation the second of the 4 christian gods.
the bible speaks of this first day, and there be light called day and dark called night. if this light is, as you claim, the holy spirit, then you are claiming he only provides light at certain times (day) but not at others (night). and again, i'll ask - is there any evidence to support this claim?

Criptex

Reaction score
and thus enters into the conversation the second of the 4 christian gods.
the bible speaks of this first day, and there be light called day and dark called night. if this light is, as you claim, the holy spirit, then you are claiming he only provides light at certain times (day) but not at others (night). and again, i'll ask - is there any evidence to support this claim?

Well, I'll have to say that my faith is the only evidence I have, I can't give you evidence, no one can, it's impossible, a fact like that... there's no way you can prove it, the only think that can support your belief is your faith. But for me, that's the truth.
And man, I'm really curious about those 4 gods... if is not too much to ask... can you explain that to me... because I only belive in the one I know.

truthguild

Reaction score
Well, I'll have to say that my faith is the only evidence I have, I can't give you evidence, no one can, it's impossible, a fact like that... there's no way you can prove it, the only think that can support your belief is your faith. But for me, that's the truth.
And man, I'm really curious about those 4 gods... if is not too much to ask... can you explain that to me... because I only belive in the one I know.
but that line of faith isn't even supported by the biblical account, it's nothing more than a speculation of an apologist.
on the other note, christianity believes in 4 gods - Yahweh (also written as YHWH, Jehova, and others), Jesus, the Holy Spirit (who is otherwise unnamed), and Satan (who is also unnamed, though various biblical scholars speculate eith Ba'al or Beelzebub).

Criptex

Reaction score
Don't get my wrong, the bible supports my faith, is just that I'm not a machine to remember all the verses in the bible, but I remember this one... we do not live for actions, but for faith. let me research a little bit and I'll tell you the exact verse.
And now I know what are you talking about!! and even though satan was an angel,he was never a god, he got kick out of heaven for believing that.
And since he was expeled from heaven, he is not a celestial creature anymore, so now he's the one who represents all evil, not because he has born with it, but because he made it his property. Now the bible says that he has a place designed specificltly for him, call hell.
And he knows the bible very, very well, so he also knows that God gave him the power to try make people sin, and to cover their eyes with the veil of knowledge, all this, in order to take people to a place that wasn't meant for them. so I don't think he's a god.
First of all, because satanists, don't believe in the existence in any god, instead they believe that they are their own gods, and they see satan as a supreme authority, but not a god, and if you have questions about it, try to read in wikipedia articles about the satanist bible. I used to do it, but God saved me from my twisted road.

ghotel

Reaction score
Like i say, Prove hes real, No offence but at the end of the day religion or not there is no proof he ever existed. Sorry mate but i dont.

brayden13

Reaction score
I do not believe in God. i do not believe there is any evidence of him/her/it. Science can explain how the universe got created and all sorts of things that religion has yet to have gotten any support for yet.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
christianity believes in 4 gods - Yahweh (also written as YHWH, Jehova, and others), Jesus, the Holy Spirit (who is otherwise unnamed), and Satan (who is also unnamed, though various biblical scholars speculate eith Ba'al or Beelzebub).

Wrong, Christianity has 1 God. Yahweh, Jehova, are names for the same God.
God has three parts: God the Father: Yahweh/Jehova, God the Son: Jesus, God the Holy Spirit: the Holy Spirit. These are one and the same person. Known as the Trinity.

Satan is NOT a God. Where in the Bible does it ever say that the devil is God?

We've got one God, you've got none. Your life sounds pretty hopeless to me.

techfun

Reaction score
Yes i belive GOD is present
Edit:
I do not believe in God. i do not believe there is any evidence of him/her/it. Science can explain how the universe got created and all sorts of things that religion has yet to have gotten any support for yet.
Its not the matter of belief or disbelief boy, science has accepted that god is present.Truth has no need to prove itself.
Edit:
Like i say, Prove hes real, No offence but at the end of the day religion or not there is no proof he ever existed. Sorry mate but i dont.

Hey men ur from which country?
Every religion has proofs of their god. No one can deny the fact that a divine power is governing us all.
Start believing in urself u will believe in GOD.

Last edited: