Do you hate Microsoft?

megaman4278

Reaction score
No offense to the MS supporters out there, but there are also likely a majority of people here who don't like the company.

Tell me, why do people hate MS? Is it of bad services? Bad software? What?

:nuts:

LHVWB

Reaction score
I don't hate microsoft exactly, but I hate what they represent. They are a huge company that doesn't care about the little people and is prepared to stuff around with them, effectively in order to obtain large ammounts of cash. They have used very good business tactics to get a huge share of parts of the technology markets such as threatning other businesses, which one could consider anti-competitive but no, this is microsoft. Apart from being a huge evil company :biggrin: ,they also sell terrible products. :mad:

tittat

Reaction score
I don't hate microsoft,and i love too .But i hate their policy.
I want a microsoft company with Google's policy.
If so i will really love micosoft.

stealth_thunder

Reaction score
I do hate Microsoft if they can change the way they do things example... listening to home users for feedback and take their time to evaluate and understand how painful it can be to be ignored and left alone using an alien software with no much help... even though they really have a great fantastic resources website, it not really helping much....

I rather they will put a help manual that comes with any Operating System without the need to go online and search.... I have no problem with searching... but some people do get a little frustrated over hundreds and thousands of pages... how will one be able to get their answer soon enough...

A help manual that can specifically in General and Advanced topic about the operating system and all its features and explanation can be in there... this will make life easier and pleasant....

The next thing is about software... how many times have they run windows vista and how long they issued a solutions which became a serious hardware bug... their Vista SP1 does not support most Hardware Drivers Hence might cause them to malfunctioned once you installed them....

All these such will keep things in a cycled... Vista will probably be that great probably in the next 4 to 5 years time.... probably in service pack 2 or 3 maybe even 4.....

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't have any reason to hate Microsoft, as they're just like any other company. If their software gives me a problem, I can usually fix it or work around it for the mean time.

megaman4278

Reaction score
I don't hate microsoft exactly, but I hate what they represent. They are a huge company that doesn't care about the little people and is prepared to stuff around with them, effectively in order to obtain large ammounts of cash. They have used very good business tactics to get a huge share of parts of the technology markets such as threatning other businesses, which one could consider anti-competitive but no, this is microsoft. Apart from being a huge evil company :biggrin: ,they also sell terrible products. :mad:

they're products aren't that bad. they just need improvement. lots of it :lol: or maybe because the products are so popular i just said that. :hahano:

the MS monopoly is pretty tiring to see though. the company got so big it's probably gone to their heads. :rant2:

I don't hate microsoft,and i love too .But i hate their policy.
I want a microsoft company with Google's policy.
If so i will really love micosoft.

that's something interesting to see. google's policy is great. couple that up with MS (and hope they do some serious product improvements) and you've got a nice company there. ;)

I do hate Microsoft if they can change the way they do things example... listening to home users for feedback and take their time to evaluate and understand how painful it can be to be ignored and left alone using an alien software with no much help... even though they really have a great fantastic resources website, it not really helping much....

I rather they will put a help manual that comes with any Operating System without the need to go online and search.... I have no problem with searching... but some people do get a little frustrated over hundreds and thousands of pages... how will one be able to get their answer soon enough...

A help manual that can specifically in General and Advanced topic about the operating system and all its features and explanation can be in there... this will make life easier and pleasant....

The next thing is about software... how many times have they run windows vista and how long they issued a solutions which became a serious hardware bug... their Vista SP1 does not support most Hardware Drivers Hence might cause them to malfunctioned once you installed them....

All these such will keep things in a cycled... Vista will probably be that great probably in the next 4 to 5 years time.... probably in service pack 2 or 3 maybe even 4.....

a vicious cycle. :hahano: it's the same old OS every few years and trash the old ones. but look on the bright side, now you have an excuse to buy a new computer. :lol:

as for support, isn't the built-in help enough for decent support? and MS's got a nice KB online to back this up, just in case you need additional support. i don't know for you but for me it's pretty decent. they just need to find a way to make it more presentable and more easier for users.

I don't have any reason to hate Microsoft, as they're just like any other company. If their software gives me a problem, I can usually fix it or work around it for the mean time.

i couldn't agree more. :biggrin:

rubens

Reaction score
well not necesarly... i do hate his "modus operandi" of "stupidization" of computer, aldo y do recognize that computer "science" haven't got as advance if this "stupidization" haven't occur.

Coldfirezz

Reaction score
I do not like the practical dependence on Windows and the high prices.

gateway

Reaction score

Hey pal, I do agree with you in so many ways. Microsoft indedd does not think of the "lower people". To be frank with you, if you visit the third world countries, many of the people knows nothing of operating system either than microsoft windows but could not afford the price since one window on microsoft is someones monthly salary. I think They need to reconsider that. Although it is been used highly on those places, I think microsoft deserve the price they are gaining now: hacking. About more than 60% of microsoft windows used in mainly third world countries are not original but hacked one or copied one.
Since they can't even afford the price of a hacked window, one buys it and copies it across the country. So with one geniune window, there is a duplicate of thousands of them across board! ha ha haaa. :biggrin:
:lockd:
they really deserve the price untill they starts to think about those people.
Linux is quite good but no so popular.

Zangetsu

Reaction score
i cant really say that i hate Microsoft but the stunt they pulled a year ago wasnt so smart of e'm releasing Vista without properly testing it on windows xp based computers to see if they were able to run it but noooooo, and ive tried vista a couple of times and i was so annoyed by the fact that you need permission to copy/install/run programs while you're the owner of the computer i mean hellooooooo i am the owner of that machine not they, are you guys at Microsoft deliberately trying to piss us off or by accident ?

Last edited:

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
i cant really say that i hate Microsoft but the stunt they pulled a year ago wasnt so smart of e'm releasing Vista without properly testing it on windows xp based computers to see if they were able to run it but noooooo, and ive tried vista a couple of times and i was so annoyed by the fact that you need permission to copy/install/run programs while you're the owner of the computer i mean hellooooooo i am the owner of that machine not they, are you guys at Microsoft deliberately trying to piss us off or by accident ?

It's a security feature, and that's there so that Windows can verify it's a human and not some old click bot making changes. That's why sometimes you have to shut UAC off to install some programs, as that Allow/Deny thing installers can't do unless the permissions are elevated. It's for your own good really, it's not there to annoy you.

For me, that only comes up if I'm trying to make a change from one program to another in an internet address, making changes to the Program Files folder or certain system wide changes. It doesn't get in the way of any day-to-day activities like gaming, internet or productivity.

HomerJ

Reaction score
Do I hate Microsoft? Not really, but I do have a few problems with them.

Many people hate them because they are a "big evil company." I disagree. They are certainly big, but most certainly not wholly evil.

Some governments have tried to sue them for "anti-competitive" behaviour, because they bundle IE with the operating system, and IIRC they have even been fined successfully in Europe. They should be free to
release their software however they choose. Preventing them from doing so is what is truly anti-competitive.

On the other hand, they also use the legal system to their advantage. They frequently make threats to open source software companies about patent violations. I disagree with the entire concept of intellectual property, particularly when it comes to software, so I view these actions negatively.

Their products are absolutely horrible in my opinion. That's why I avoid using them.

So, overall they are not an "evil" company, but their products are just crap. Lots of companies release crappy products though, and it doesn't make me hate them. So, no, I don't hate Microsoft.

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
About the bundling of browsers, Apple bundles their own browser, Safari with Mac OS-X, and I don't see them getting hit in the face with those lawsuits (right word?). But the bundling of Internet Explorer into Windows is what ultimately killed Netscape.

bluntzplanet

Reaction score
No, i don´t hate microsoft but is a one think i hate some games is a really bad, so a i think as microsoft in part is sucks.

bye

VPmase

Reaction score
Microsoft is a good company. There are just others out there that are better.

D

dWhite

I have to pretty much agree with this person here. Microsoft is just another company, like all the other ones out there. Every company has it's pros and cons, and people learn to deal with the various pros/cons of a given company.

Xemnas

Reaction score
I don't personally hate Microsoft. I think that people are disgruntled with them not because they're "evil" so to speak, but because of how much the company has grown, and how much technology has changed. If Microsoft were half its current size, it could possibly be more managable (and it could even have a better support base). The existence of the Internet hasn't helped people's feelings towards the company either; would Linux even exist, let alone be freeware, if the Internet wasn't around? The thing is, it's just too easy to blame them these days. That's why some people "hate" Microsoft.

moreuse

Reaction score
i dont really hate MS, they as a company has done many good things, and bad things.

in social, they do many things.

but in OS and gaming departement, im not really hate, but just dislike MS.
they not release DX 10 under XP, forcing us to use vista, but vista itself is a lot slower than XP.
i have tried vista SP1, its get better, lower ram usage, better gaming performance, but i need the speed i get in XP, if vista as fast as XP, i'll have no complain,

and for gaming, their X360 is just, too fragile for gaming system.
paying games for hours make it dead. my friend x360 dead when he play eternal sonata for hours, she play in morning, in evening x360 dead >.<

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't hate them, but I don't like them.
Their software is okay, but they are copying Apple and making it even worse.
Plus with their default browser, you can easily get viruses, but it is rare to get a Trojan on a Mac.
This is why I prefer Macs, plus they come pre-installed with very useful software unlinke Windows.
:biggrin: