Do you think Obama will be a good president?

Do you think Obama Will be a good president?

• Yes.

Votes: 26 48.1%
  • No.

Votes: 21 38.9%
  • Do you think he'll make a difference among all the previously elected presidents?

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • What projects has he done, or has in store for the Americans?

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Will his projects prove him worthy enough for the position??

Votes: 2 3.7%

• Total voters

shadowslash

Reaction score
If yes, why?
If no, why too?
Do you think he'll make a difference among all the previously elected presidents? What projects has he done, or has in store for the Americans? Will his projects prove him worthy enough for the position?? Feel free to answer.. ^^

T

themasterrocker

This aught to be a poll. So i'm going to make it into a poll. Please explain why you picked your selected answer and state what you picked

thebabyhater

Reaction score
I vote no, and specifically because my one important issue is gun control. I am hugely pro-gun, and go to the shooting range every weekend. I happen to find Obama's gun control policies absolutely sickening and illogical, so to me, he will be a bad president. It really depends on what people believe the important issues are. I also don't see Obama as having a very good grasp of Smithianism, specifically the invisible hand, and thus I actually predict more economic problems than solutions coming from his administration.

Again, just my opinion, but I truly believe that America would be better off with a beluga whale as president. :)

j4k3s7a

Reaction score
i vote no too, because i watched him at the debates, and the very first thing i noticed was he was not a very good speaker, he stuttered a lot, and more often then stuttering, he interupted mccain

aside from his speaking ability, i really dont think that his "spread the wealth" program will do any good to anyone, what incentive is that giving the people who dont have jobs to get jobs? they are just going to get more of my money, its not selfish, to want to keep my money, having to give it up is just unfair

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
I voted no. I just believe increasing the taxation on big business and the wealthy during a time of recession is a bad idea. If the economy were booming right now, a slight increase in taxes wouldn't be such a bad idea.

I'm skeptical about him and I have my doubts, I just hope he proves me wrong and does a good job.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
I think he will because he is doing the smart thing by surrounding himself by people much more experienced than him. His choice of VP and secretary of state was the first big step for him. Also, asking top business men for ideas on how to lift the economic crisis was ingenious. Although, his lack of experience still give me some doubts.

xPlozion

Reaction score
i vote no too, because i watched him at the debates, and the very first thing i noticed was he was not a very good speaker, he stuttered a lot, and more often then stuttering, he interupted mccain

aside from his speaking ability, i really dont think that his "spread the wealth" program will do any good to anyone, what incentive is that giving the people who dont have jobs to get jobs? they are just going to get more of my money, its not selfish, to want to keep my money, having to give it up is just unfair

Actually, the debates were quite amusing... seeing McCain wander around and CONSTANTLY interrupt Obama is just the opposite of what you are saying. While Obama was being polite and a great speaker, McCain was bashing him the whole time. Obama, I believe, kept his cool and held a calm debate, while McCain was one way, Obama provided "facts" and McCain back-tracked over what he just said and went another way. Also, having Palin and McCain on TWO separate pages, neither of them knew what was going on. And "He's A Maveric" is a line I got tired of real quick, when Katie Couric asked her what makes him a maverick, she just replied he's a maveric...

well, if you don't have a job, you don't get any money in the time of tax season. when the rest of working america is getting their tax money back, those who don't have a job don't get anything. his "spread the wealth" program is taking a small portion of the income of those who make $250,000+, which I don't think any of us do, and giving it to those of us who are struggling with a middle-class income (most americans)

So, I think you can guess what way I voted both in this poll and the election :)

whitebus

Reaction score
No... and I don't think he's expected to be.

It is very easy for him to surround himself with a cabinet far more experienced than him, because his experience is so lacking. He is a populist succeeding a very unpopular president, and he is bound to do the popular thing. However, he will be very quick to find out that the popular thing isn't always the best thing for the country.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he will be a great rolemodel for the black community specifically and for visible minorities in general. He has shown that with determination and committment social and personal power can be achieved and overcome.

The stumbling blocks:

The economy: You can't spend your way out of a recession. Protectionism stifles trade and trade is the economy.

War: War has been described as politics by other means. They are hard to get out of once they start.

Russia: The bear is coming out of hibernation. There are still many fossils around with their own agenda.

Expectations: Wow! There are many disappointments ahead unless he really is allergic to Kryptonite.

Anirban1987

Reaction score
He seems to be like a no frills guy. Have no extra fashion. Just as determined as Arjun to deliver his promises.

texsin

Reaction score
If yes, why?
If no, why too?
Do you think he'll make a difference among all the previously elected presidents? What projects has he done, or has in store for the Americans? Will his projects prove him worthy enough for the position?? Feel free to answer.. ^^
i voted for who, in my opinion, would screw up the least and i happened to pick obama because mccain was too old and agreed with bush 90% of the time, and look where that's gotten us. also palin had no idea what she was doing not just in the election but in all of politics. but that's just my opinion, you guys can form your own opinion about why obama or mccain is "better".

adamlinux

Reaction score
I can't really say if Obama will make a good president because I haven't really seen him in action yet. Personally I didn't vote for him or McCain because I think they both sucked. What we really need in America is to get out of this two party system, and have far more options than just two people, and two parties. In my mind both parties suck, but I guess if I had to like one less it would be the democrats because of some of their foolish views on what some would call "ethical" issues, even though I would call them Illogical instead of morally wrong.

cased

Reaction score
No for many reasons. Most reasons are conjecture which I would be happy to be proven wrong on (many the same that have already been given here), but the main reason I think he will be a bad president and has the most validity to it is that he is liberal. I don't agree with the liberal way of thinking, therefore for me, he will be a bad president. I disagree with everything about him from his stance on abortion to his desire to spend and spend and increase government. Worse are his ideas about the Constitution and how he wants to change the very ideal of what it means to be American. No liberal will ever be a good president in my opinion.

unlikely

Reaction score
I'm gunna say no.

At first I was totally excited about the prospect of a black president.

Then I started listening to what he had to say. Firstly, I think he lies badly and too much. x_x and Secondly, I think he's a republican in disguise. :shifty:;;..

That's all I'll say about it. Cuz its done.. and ovah wif! O_O

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, you have to give the guy a chance. Already he's assigned some tech commissioners and have things set up to start to change the role of technology in the US. Hopefully this means that there will be more of a push towards some faster, newer, and better technology than there is today in the US. Fiber Optic Internet anyone?

cased

Reaction score
A republican in disguise? I could only hope.

Obama was the candidate for change. All the gullible idiots who believe that bull say he's going to change the world like he's the second coming. Then why did he do and is he doing everything the same old way every president before him did? I say if he really wanted to change things, he would had dumped Joe Biden and took on John McCain as Vice President. No one would be able to dispute his word on change then.

Darasen

Reaction score
I voted no because he is such a far leftist. Of course his adoring fans in the media continue to hide this fact. To be honest he only won the the DNC nomination because he is black. Do you really believe that a white guy who spent only 2 years in DC and had the baggage that Obama does would ever be nominated?

rlodge

Reaction score
Will Obama make a good President? Right now they can't even truly decide if he's really qualified to be President. They're not sure if he has the right citizenship to qualify.

And before anyone says "Yes he does. It was in the news!" Think about what you said. Think of the last time the news told the truth.

If he is a citizen, why does he have a legal team blocking every attempt to see his credentials? McCain was questioned about his citizenship and promptly produced his paper work. Obama is hiding his papers.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Will Obama make a good President? Right now they can't even truly decide if he's really qualified to be President. They're not sure if he has the right citizenship to qualify.

And before anyone says "Yes he does. It was in the news!" Think about what you said. Think of the last time the news told the truth.

If he is a citizen, why does he have a legal team blocking every attempt to see his credentials? McCain was questioned about his citizenship and promptly produced his paper work. Obama is hiding his papers.

Are you still living in 3 months ago? It's pretty sad to think people actually are that ignorant to still believe that he's not an actual US citizen.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/06/obama-birth.html