Does anyone use Opera?

evenhotterchilli

Reaction score
Anyone using Opera? If so, what skin's are your fav? I'm currently using "The Blue Button". I think it owns! :)

Su2000

Reaction score
I used to use Opera (ad-supported version). Even if it was the no ads version, there were still problems on encoding other languages' text (some kanji = []). Opera is a good program, but to me has a lack of compatibility with languages and loading times are about a minute (could be the RAM)

aman01

Reaction score
Well, I used to review this software. Got some compatibility problem with some secured/non-secured site. Anyway, I use the default theme. Its the best theme for Opera.

mskprathap

Reaction score
Didn't have time to go for skins,installed and persisted with the default skin,LOL

mskprathap

Richard

Reaction score
I was using opera to test websites but then I istalled some fonts and the whole thing has gone crazy even v8.0 beta 1. Need less to say its gathering dust.

Rhianna

Reaction score
I downloaded Opera because I heard some people really liked the browser; I tried the browser with the advertisement...I still have it, but I like Firefox better.

Gamerx100

Reaction score
I use Fire-Fox i dont like opera because there is a big banner on the right side i have tryed too remove it but it wont work

icely

Reaction score
i used to use opera before firefox and maxthon came out.. it's the first browser that i've ever used with tab browsing in it... and yeah.. their banner is disturbing however it's good enough compared to IE and the best thing about it is... it's fast loading

evenhotterchilli

Reaction score
I agree, and the keyboard and mouse shortcuts make browsing sites really really easy. IE gets very frustrating when I right-drag to the left to make it go back and a stupid popup menu appears, its then that i realise I'm on IE, not opera! :D

prasys

Reaction score
Ha ? Opera..I do not use it

I use Safari/Firefox and IE...I need IE , sometimes...But guess what , IE is buggy on Mac..It crashes and causes the Spinning Wheel Of Death..:D

Origin

Reaction score
I use it, but only because Firefox doesn't work for me :(

izmaelis

Reaction score
evenhotterchilli said:
Anyone using Opera? If so, what skin's are your fav? I'm currently using "The Blue Button". I think it owns! :)
No offence, but I must say that Mozilla FireFox is a lot better then Opera.
It's free, skinable, you can install various useful extentions, ad-free, tabbed browsing is supported, sophisticated web page design is being rendered better etc.

Cycloneflame

Reaction score
Opera now has a selecyion between right-side graphic ad, and a thin, small text banner.

izmaelis

Reaction score
Auvee said:
Cycloneflame said:
Opera now has a selecyion between right-side graphic ad, and a thin, small text banner.
Meh, it's an ad either way :laughing: I haven't use Opera much myself, but I totally reccomend Firefox :)

-Auvee B.
Yeah, Mozilla FireFox must be a weapon of choice for everyone who surfs the net alot.
Lets see what will Internet Explorer 7 offer this year. I have heard that it will have lots of improvements including tabbed browsing (it is the most important functionality making me use FireFox). Maybe then I will abandon using FireFox. :pinch:

zhizhaqy

Reaction score
Opera is the second choice of My Web Browser. I Like opera because it has download manager (transfer manager) so we can stop and resume the download anytime.

if we got some trouble with our computer (restart) we can start opera from 'continue last time' or with no page.

My Favorite browser is mozilla firefox.

I like blue for my opera themes.

evenhotterchilli said:

funindia

Reaction score
If you have narow band connections like dialups, then Opera is the best, you can see whats going on. Opera 7.0 & above comes with "Java Web Start" truly great to see java apelets on sites. Suprisingly IE 6.0+ doesn't has JRE. So good choice who need JRE.