Does free hosting have a trial time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkkhafan18

Reaction score
Hello,
Before introducing my question in details, I want to appreciate this great service.
According to TOS, we should keep logging in the forum and visiting and not to breaking rules, and ...
I want to know about the account periods if the accounts are limited.
I mean if the account will be suspended or deleted after a specific period of time, what is that time?
Thank you in advance:smile:

Last edited:

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Howdy;
You can keep your free hosting account forever so long as you comply with the terms of service.
Free hosting users must login to the forums at least once a month in order to avoid suspension for inactivity - posting is not required. If you fail to login to the forums at least once a month then your account will be suspended until you visit the forums and resolve the inactivity issue. If you allow your account to remain suspended for more than 14 days without resolution then it will be automatically deleted by the system.

jkkhafan18

Reaction score
ticked off

Thanks for clarifying

There is a big deal about it. I checked a box that keeps me signed in on every visit. What about that? should I sign out and then sign in again or that's sufficient to visit the forum as I'm signed in, whether automatically or manually?
I just signed in once but every time I visit forum, I'm signed in automatically. Doesn't that matter?

Once again, regards

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Excellent question.
And I may have misused the word "login" in my response to you.
I believe that the system is setup to detect "visits" in which case logging out and logging in would not be necessary.
I will double check this and then attempt to clarify it.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I received this response from a staff member / administrator:
"You do not need to stay logged in for any period of time past a single page load. Simply visit a page at least once every month while you are logged into your vBulletin account that is linked to your forum account."
Hope that clears things up.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
However, for good measures, we recommend reading the News and Announcement section to ensure that the system registers your visit, and that you stay up to date about our new development.

jkkhafan18

Reaction score
Thanks for the strong support,

Yes I do. Actually I survey several sections and topics on every visit not only for obeying the rule but also because they are interesting:redface:

By the way, I didn't catch my answer from the quote. That's made even more complicated. All I need is a Yes/No answer to my question. Sorry, but really I didn't understand.:confused:

If we signed in and the system remembered us on next visits, is it neccessary to sign out and then sign in again, not to breaking the rule?:smile:

Thanks

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
No, it is not necessary to sign out and sign in. The system is set up to also mark you as "active" if you marked "Keep me logged in" and viewed at least 1 page on the forum while logged in per 30 days.

In short, if you're already marked as "always keep me logged in," then just visiting the forum is enough :)

jkkhafan18

Reaction score
Thank you very much! There is only one thing to say: Clarifying Enough!:biggrin:
I also thank Carl for useful tips:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.