Does not display website when viewed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

garryms

Reaction score
Hello,

I am a beginner and trying to publish my first website. I have successfully put all the files into the server, and Dreamweaver also confirmed that connection was successful. I tried to view my site (http://just4euan.x10hosting.com/) but it displays "x10hosting - New Account", not my website. Is there any that you can suggest for this? Hope this problem will be fixed soon.

Many thanks.

garryms

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
Where did you upload your files.It should be in public_html folder. If there is any index.html or index.php replace it with yours

garryms

Reaction score
Already change names of all index.html/php files. When you say public_html folder, what does it mean? How can I create one? Please enlighten me, it's my first time to publish a website. Thanks...

vishal

Community Support
Reaction score
Already change names of all index.html/php files. When you say public_html folder, what does it mean? How can I create one? Please enlighten me, it's my first time to publish a website. Thanks...

That is the default folder.It is i this folder where we upload our files.no need to create it.You will find it in your file manager

garryms

Reaction score
Yes. That's where I upload my files. Can you please check if I've done it right:

Remote Info

Access: FTP
FTP Host: just4euan.x10hosting.com/
Host Directory: C:\Documents and Settings\Garry.PC249391530321\Desktop\just4euan\
(This is the folder where my files were saved)

I've put all the files in the server. I viewed the remote server and all the files were there. It's only when I try to view it online that a different page is displayed. Don't know what went wrong...

Hope you can help me fix this. Many thanks vishal2...

Last edited:

vishal

Community Support
Reaction score
Login to Cpanel , Go to File Manager->public_html . Then verify whether your uploaded files are there.

garryms

Reaction score
I was able to log at cPanel. My files wera at C: not on public_html, how can I move/upload the files. Copied the folder form C: to public_html, is that alright. Can now see my files in C:, public_html and www.

Last edited:

vishal

Community Support
Reaction score
I was able to log at cPanel. My files wera at C: not on public_html, how can I move/upload the files. Copied the folder form C: to public_html, is that alright.

Just copy the files to public_html
For eg the path for index file is like this public_html/index.html

garryms

Reaction score
Thanks vishal2... My website is working and can now be viewed online... Many thanks again... Hope you can help me again next time...:smile::smile::smile:

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Problem Solved

***Thread Closed***

Status
Not open for further replies.