Does this motivate you?

How close did you come to download the demo?

• I went all the way and downloaded the demo!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Westcoast-Games

Reaction score
Hello everybody!

I've revised the design, graphics & content for the G.W.A.T. website.

The intended purpose of the site is simple; motivate the vistor to download the demo version of the game.

www.gwatTheGame.com

How motivated were you?

How can I improve the aesthetics & inspire the vistor even more?

All constructive suggestions welcome!

Thanks
Chris

Last edited:

Westcoast-Games

Reaction score
Apologies, that's a typo in the url, entirely due to my poor typing.

Thanks for pointing that out swirly

wjh2303

Reaction score
people like certain kinds of games, some like strategy, some like fps, etc. If i have to search to the third paragraph to find it hidden in text, i might have given up by then. I think you should state what kind of game it is early in the first paragraph, or even in a title somewhere "gwat is an arcade strategy...." That way people will quickly be drawn in 'hey thats that kinda game i like' or will know that it might not be for them without having to search through more text

Westcoast-Games

Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to replay wjh2303.

The focus does always needs to be on the target customer, speaking directly to them, as they are the ones who are going to benefit from the product, in this case: enjoy the game most!

It's funny, that index page was based on a press released, reviewed by a good number of people, many times and nobody mentioned that point ...interesting.

...anyway I've now amended the content, and learnt something I need to make a note of :biggrin:

Again an excellent point, well made, if you hadn't pointed that out, it probably would have gone unnoticed for quite a while, so thanks!

fguy64

Reaction score
I think Gwatthegame.com is a pretty good page. I'm not really into this type of gaming myself, but I can see others being interested by this. Just a suggestion, but maybe a video of the action would motivate people more, perhaps a link to something posted on Youtube.

Lochie

Reaction score
I think Gwatthegame.com is a pretty good page. I'm not really into this type of gaming myself, but I can see others being interested by this. Just a suggestion, but maybe a video of the action would motivate people more, perhaps a link to something posted on Youtube.
Yeah, a video would be good, or you could convert it into a small GIF image to display directly on your site. You might want to try some smoother graphics, I was mildly turned off by them - not to offend you, but I just like to see something sleek or smooth. You could still make it chrome, and have it look sleek.

Westcoast-Games

Reaction score
fguy64 and excellent suggestion, I'll definitely now be sorting a out video.

Lochie if you mean an animated GIF that is not going to be happening - animated GIF's rarely look good (nor sleek or smooth).

Don't worry about offending, personally I find constructive critique useful and long ago stopped taking comments about work personally :biggrin:

Lochie for clarity, when you mentioned smoother graphics, did you mean the screenshots or the header / footer / background images?

Again more quality feedback, thanks fguy64 & Lochie!

freecrm

Reaction score
One hell of an improvement, and I'm glad we have a forumite who actually reacts to suggestions! :)

The top header look so much slicker and the background image is a huge improvement!!

I have to admit, being a PS3 owner, I'm primarily an fps kind of guy and the index didn't really get me going.. but... I did read most of the index and then screenshots and downloads.. so you got an improved page visit there!

One thing - the graphics are a good improvement but I couldn't really tell what they were.. so guess what, I clicked one to zoom in and... nothing :(

Maybe a link to a larger image would be good (like your screenshots page)

Also, on your screenshots page, I'm afraid that the images all look a little similar - is it possible to zoom in to get a different viewpoint? or a control panel or something?

Good to see such an improvement!!

Westcoast-Games

Reaction score
freecrm thanks for the kind words of encouragement! Everyone who have seen the original version and this current version react in a similar fashion :cool: . Personally I’m much happier with this incarnation, although I do still feel it can be improved on.

I was wondering whether users would trying clicking the image assuming it was a thumbnail, and …now I know! It makes sense it terms of consistency and I appreciate it can be an intuitive thing to do – so that’ll make it into the next revision.

You’re certainlly not wrong about the screenshots, there’s different game modes, camera angles, zoom and menu system that I could show ..and I intent to, sadly it’s a case of finding the time …if only I didn’t have to go to work …I’d have so much more time …I’d get all these great things done …but then I’d have problems paying the bills :mad:

All this feedback is excellent, and although I can’t act on it all immediately, it ensures more of the bases are covered and helps me prioritise the tasks in the ever growing todo list.

So thanks for all the help people & if anyone else has anything more to add, feel free to do so!

Chris

risendead

Reaction score
Not really into these types of games. :happysad:

The site looks nice the only thing that stands out to me is the header and the menu at my resolution 1024x768 it is in my face and large. Makes me want to take a step back. Kinda like being at a theater and sitting in the front row.

A trailer or gameplay video would be nice as the others mentioned.

Westcoast-Games

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies risendead and gptsven.

gptstven, don't take this the wrong way, but that is not a useful comment. Feedback is only of any use if you make a constructive suggestion, i.e. exactly what can be improved and how.

risendead, a fair point. A week ago Google analytics was attached, and that shows about 20% of the visitors are around the 800px height screen resolution. I had concerns about amount of screen consumed by the header & logo on 1024x768 browsers, so this’ll be added to the todo list.