Does x10premium ($6.95/mo plan) supports ASP.Net 3.5/4.0 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinsh252

Reaction score
I want to switch to your premium hosting services, but before that I just want to clear that is there any support for the latest versions of asp.net or not. Because i don't use php and pearl etc. Therefore if asp is not supported then it is of no use to me. Please help !! As in this page: "http://x10hosting.com/free-hosting-signup" it is clearly written that you support ASP.Net but actually you don't in your free plans. So please make me sure about your premium service. Does it clearly and for surely support all the services written here: "http://x10hosting.com/free-hosting-comparison" under premium.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
x10Premium runs on Linux (CentOS) and supports ASP.NET through Mono. You can check out the Mono project page to see what's supported (ASP.NET 2.0 and part of ASP.NET MVC/AJAX). If you need "edge" support, or if you need WebParts or precompiled-updatable support, then you'll need to be on a Windows host with the current framework and IIS (managed elsewhere, or a VPS with your own Win Server license and admin headaches).

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I would not upgrade for ASP.NET support, it is very unstable and we have had nothing but issues from users attempting to use it. It is very pick with what code it will run and we can't guarantee your code will be compatible. I believe we are going to drop all support for it due to the above reasons.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
That's what I like about this place. A lot of service providers would say that "Mono" == ".NET" and blame their clients for things that don't work as expected. Mono really only gets the ECMA CLI right; the rest is hit-and-miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.