Dolphin Profile Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmbientDecay

Reaction score
Every time I click on my test or admin profile I keep getting a 404 error. I've disabled the permalink option as well as trying move a module from active to inactive.

Also upon completing a test profile, when it becomes active, it gives me this error once I click on the link that it sends to my email: "Warning: curl_setopt() [function.curl-setopt]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when in safe_mode or an open_basedir is set in /home/xenoset/public_html/community/inc/utils.inc.php on line 1021"

I installed dolphin via the auto installer. I have no idea how to fix the profile errors. Any help would be outstanding and welcomed.

Thank You.

Jennacide

Reaction score
Hi deregrif62!

Unfortunately what's happening here is the CURLOPT linking isn't supported on free servers, thus the site will throw that error.

AmbientDecay

Reaction score
Hi deregrif62!

Unfortunately what's happening here is the CURLOPT linking isn't supported on free servers, thus the site will throw that error.

Wonder why Dolphin is even offered then on the free servers. Granted lately also a lot of people have been saying that Dolphin can be intense, but I have yet to find a software that is as impressive as Dolphin, even for making a dating site.

I wonder what would be able to FULLY function here that is comparable to Dolphin. This host seems to be better, thus far, then say [removed].

Would the free servers be able to support say oxwall by chance?

Thanks for your reply :).

Last edited by a moderator:

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I've installed Oxwall on a free server before, so yes.
I should think Dolphin would work if you installed it manually. I don't trust auto-installers.

Jennacide

Reaction score
I can answer that question for you! Joomla with the Community Builder component will work like a champ for what you're talking about. I suggest you take a peek at that and see what you think.

AmbientDecay

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Thanks for your reply's.

@ Jennacide:

I looked at the Community Builder Component and it did seem decent, but I'm not looking to spend $99, just yet when I have no idea when my site will start making some revenue. Thank you though!

@Stpvoice:

I'm trying to install dolphin manually right now but I keep running into what I think is a time out issue after I get to the Config tab and click next, it says that my website is offline. I did manage once to get to the next tab which is the cron tab and after that it said my db was wrong. not sure why it keeps timing out.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
The easy way to fix this issue is to open up that script, find line 1021, and remove the line curl_setopt(CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, true);

It shouldn't stop your script from working properly

AmbientDecay

Reaction score
I managed to install dolphin manually, but the profile error still occurs.

@ Skizzerz

Alright, I did delete that line and now when I click on a profile or the members name it just pops up with:

The requested URL /home/xenoset/public_html/profile.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

It did that before just without the curl error showing now.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Hmm,

Try talking with the guys at Dolphin to see if they can provide any insight as to why it is doing that -- we don't really provide script support here (although you COULD try asking in Programming Help, you're probably better off going to Dolphin and asking).

We can answer what we can about our particular server configuration, etc. though if they ask questions like that. So far the only relevant tidbit is that open_basedir is in effect for security reasons, and we cannot disable that on a per-account basis and we certainly will not disable it on a server-wide basis.

Last edited:

AmbientDecay

Reaction score
Okay I'll give that a shot.

Thanks for all the help from everyone. Once I get it up and working I'll post the steps here in case anyone else has this issue.

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

FINALLY!

so far I believe I have fixed the issue when I click on either the profile picture or the members name it now directs it to their profile :D.

There was a couple of steps to do it and I wasn't sure if I had rewrite instructions on the dolphins .htaccess. if we do then the file needs to be EXACTLY like it is in this link. Profile Not Found Error Troubleshooter

So down at the bottom they instructed us to do this:

disable Friendly profile permalinks in Settings -> Permalinks.

Then after disabling the permalinks you need to recompile the Navigation Menu Builder in Admin Panel -> Builders -> Navigation Menu by moving any block here. (I just moved the inactive menu block edit my profile to the area below the My Friends menu block.

After that go to your website like normal and the profiles should be working.

Now as for the "Warning: curl_setopt() [function.curl-setopt]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when in safe_mode or an open_basedir is set in /home/******/public_html/community/inc/utils.inc.php on line 1021" error, Skizzerz advice worked:

The easy way to fix this issue is to open up that script, find line 1021, and remove the line curl_setopt(CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, true);

I did that by downloading that file using filezilla and then opening it up in dreamweaver.
I kept the original utils.inc.php by renaming it to utils.inc.php_bac incase I needed it in the future.

I then took out the curl_setopt(CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, true); line, saved it as utils.inc.php and then simply uploaded the edited file via filezilla and TADA it works.

Thanks again to everyone that helped and I hope this will help save other people a lot of time if they ever come across this issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.