Domain cannot be accessed from Burundi

Status
Not open for further replies.

leighmit

Reaction score
My domain is www.koriciza.org. I use the domain to promote an orphanage I know of in Burundi. However, when my friend in Burundi types in the URL into his address bar and presses return a search engine page opens up and gives him the opportunity of performing a search using "www.koriciza.org" as the search term, and the site itself doesn't open. He has done a ping test and I have attached the results.

Please can someone help me resolve this problem. Thanks.

Attachments

• Save Test Results.doc
    70 KB · Views: 46

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
I open your site and see this (uploaded in attachment).

Tell your friend to clear his browser cache and flush DNS

Attachments

• web.png
    web.png
    620.5 KB · Views: 30

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
The ping test apparently is from on online service (limestonenetworks). Hence, it just means that Seattle can ping x10hosting. You and we can see the site too.

The network your friend is on might have a DNS system that is very slow to update or has other problems. There is nothing that x10hosting (or any hosting company) can do. Your friend should contact his ISP and inform them of the problem.

leighmit

Reaction score
The ping test apparently is from on online service (limestonenetworks). Hence, it just means that Seattle can ping x10hosting. You and we can see the site too.

The network your friend is on might have a DNS system that is very slow to update or has other problems. There is nothing that x10hosting (or any hosting company) can do. Your friend should contact his ISP and inform them of the problem.

As a test, I got some free webspace from my ISP and uploaded the website to that too - http://homepage.ntlworld.com/leigh.mitchinson/ - and he has no problem accessing the site here. That was why I wondered if it was a problem with the x10hosting...

Last edited:

leighmit

Reaction score

OK, he has now pinged the site from his PC, it pinged 74.63.233.3, it said the request timed out, 4 packets had been sent, none received and 4 lost. Does this sound like a problems with his network? Anything he can do to fix?

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
What is his IP address to check if he's being blocked by our firewall?

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
He can try a route tracing tool (tracert on Windows boxes, traceroute on Unixen) in an attempt to see where packets are being blocked. Not all hosts respond to traceroute's techniques; he might get false positives. This information will be of limited utility in actually fixing the problem, which he probably won't be able to do, as the network is beyond his control.

As for DNS resolution, he can test various DNS servers using a command line utility (nslookup on Windows boxes, dig on Unixen).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.