Domain does not exist

Status
Not open for further replies.

nidrah

Reaction score
I was able to create a new account this morning. NOW, I cannot get to that website, sandbox.x10host.com. All I get is a page that says the domain does not exist. I can access the cpanel, create a database, manage files etc etc so I know the account is created. The correct site name is listed in cpanel. I have tried accessing the site on 2 different machines, one of which has NEVER accessed the domain EVER, on 4 different browsers, my cell phone and 2 tablets. ALL give the same page. I have cleaned the cache on all of the browsers and that makes no difference. One machine with a virgin browser, which would have had no cache for that page and the mobile devices all have NEVER tried to access that page give the same result, so the issue is NOT anything to do with the cache on the machines. Something has happened to the way the domain was created on your servers. Please correct it.

nidrah

Reaction score
that would be correct. I can get there on my phone but nowhere else. And I cannot get past that page. Filing in the fields and pressing next does nothing. ALL other machines still show the domain does not exist page.

nidrah

Reaction score
If I click your link above, even after clearing the browser cach and flushing DNS, I STILL get this:
upload_2017-2-26_11-35-53.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-2-26_11-34-16.png
    upload_2017-2-26_11-34-16.png
    590.1 KB · Views: 1

nidrah

Reaction score
Yes all on the same network. But I took the phone off the wifi and since that IP is different, it worked fine. Why would the ISP IP have anything to do with this?

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
Why would the ISP IP have anything to do with this?

The default web page is must-cache, and while it is easy to clear your own browser's cache (or open a different browser), it is often cached by the ISP as well (many static pages and resources are - in order to improve apparent performance), and when that happens there is no choice but to wait for the page to "age out" (usually 6-24 hours)

nidrah

Reaction score
had this isp for several months and never had this problem with any other site. I have x10premium and it never did this.

nidrah

Reaction score
Now it gets really interesting. I created a subdomain on sandbox.x10host.com and THAT goes to sandbox.x10host.com just fine. So why would vets2farm.sandbox.x10host.com work fine and sandbox.x10host.com give the domain does not exist error?

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Different URL. Again, you're just demonstrating a sticky cache with one ISP, and waiting for that page to age out is the only solution since it won't be re-verified until it does age out.

nidrah

Reaction score
not sure what the problem really is, but I disagree that the ISP cache is the problem. The situation has been gradually going away. First I tried the Opera browser(again) and no problem. Still an issue with IE8, Firefox and Chrome, but gradually resolving itself. So if the problem were the ISP cache, it would clear or not clear on all browsers, not one at a time. Now I am getting frequent "too many requests" errors , but resource logs are nearly zero on all criteria. I think it is X10's server being overloaded (x04) and not keeping up. This is a typical problem here on the free side.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
Now I am getting frequent "too many requests" errors...

"Too Many Requests" is a HRU error...

High Resource Usage (HRU) means the account (site) was using more then its share of CPU and/or RAM for an extended period of time

In almost all cases - x10hosting has found that excessive resource usage stems from:
Out of date scripts
Excessive plugins, themes, addons
Poorly coded plugins, themes, addons
Not taking security measures such as secure wp-login\xml-rpc so bots drive up resource usage
Not keeping a database cleaned up, a forum or Wordpress blog with 50,000 spam users will use a lot of CPU on any user processing
Crons that do intense database or other processing

check the resource usage graphs in [ cPanel-x3 ] theme (not x10hosting Basic) - on cPanel-x3 home page --> [ logs ] --> [ Resource Usage ] --> [ Details ]
this should help you narrow down what is happening.

nidrah

Reaction score
Nope - none of that. brand new site, latest Joomla install, cleaned out all of the unnecessary fluff. Checked the Resource Usage and NONE of the parameters came anywhere close to the limits. There should have been no reason for the errors, as you describe them. But it is a free host after all and sometimes you get what you pay for!

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
Checked the Resource Usage and NONE of the parameters came anywhere close to the limits.

check the GRAPHS after you receive a HRU error - you should see which of the limits you hit

lylex10h

Reaction score
Last edited:

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Even at that, a good JPEG optimizer (such as JPEGmini) will reduce image4 from 2.04MB to 535KB at the same image size with no visually-distinguishable changes. (JPEG images can use different compression levels for every block; a good optimizer will only increase compression in those blocks where the compression is mostly harmless. As with any JPEG compression, it's not a good idea to open and edit the image after it's been optimized because the differences will matter at that point. But for the web or uploading to a print service, there's no reason not to optimize a high-quality file - it doesn't damage the image like an overall lower-quality setting will.)

Status
Not open for further replies.