Domain Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyb0986

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I bought a domain for my friend, and moved it over to here, and this message comes up: http://awesomescreenshot.com/05di67k32 All the nameservers and everything is correct. Can someone help me? It has been 24 hours since the transfer. I contacted Godaddy and it said it was something with the host. Thanks!

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Sorry GameAnger is temporarily closed until further notice. GameAnger 2.0 is currently in progress of being created. Unless we get stuck into a roadblock, it should be released fall of 2011. You can follow us on Twitter,

Seems to be working now (that page is a temporary placekeeper while the server updates its map connecting domain names to accounts).

Clear your browser cache and history before checking your site again. If you still see the default page, your ISP is caching and you will either have to 1) wait until the ISP expires the cache or 2) add ?foooo to the end of your site's url to fool the ISP caching routines.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
It would help if your friend would log in with his forum account and create his own thread.

That default page can take up to 48 hrs to disappear. With thousands of accounts on each server, there are tons of requests to add/modify domains. It takes time to process them all, since the system has to rewrite the huge file that maps domain names to accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.