Domain in Cpanel

Status
Not open for further replies.

jairoque

Reaction score
I have a domain in nic.ar,and I've put the dns in nic.ar and now I want to change my main domain cpanel and I do not know how to do it i want know how to change the main domain in my cpanel
Thank You

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You can't. Users are no longer permitted to change their main domain. You can add your domain as a Parked Domain, which will have pretty much the same effect, except that if anything happens to your external domain (like your registration expiring, etc.) your site will still be accessible using your x10Hosting domain.

jairoque

Reaction score
You can't. Users are no longer permitted to change their main domain. You can add your domain as a Parked Domain, which will have pretty much the same effect, except that if anything happens to your external domain (like your registration expiring, etc.) your site will still be accessible using your x10Hosting domain.
And there is no way to put my main domain com.ar in my cpanel¿? you can not changed?

jayanta1

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think you can change your main domain. You only can change main domain if you have package to have multiple domain than only can you change your domain.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
No, you don't "need". Add your domain as a parked domain, and it will work.

jairoque

Reaction score
No, you don't "need". Add your domain as a parked domain, and it will work.

Thank you for all essellar,but if I put my domain in parked domains when te pepople among to my parked domain register in nic.ar, then they see my principal domain, no my parked domain,
I want to change my primary domain, Please !!!

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
That's a change you need to make in your software configuration. If you're using one of the popular packages like WordPress, it's a matter of changing one line in your config.php file. If you changed your hosting main domain without changing that line (which you set when you installed and configured your software), then your users would only get a "could not connect to <your old domain>" error. Again, that's something in your software setup, not in your hosting setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.