Domain is gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jw79

Reaction score
I went to do my monthly login of the X10 site and the community here so that I keep my free domain, but it's not working! I get the following message

"There's a Problem
Unfortunately we were not able to find your hosting account.

Your account may have been:
Removed for inactivity; or
Suspended and removed for a Terms violation; or
Requested to be deleted.
The good news it that you may sign up again now.

On the sign-up form you should enter your current email address. This way you will not create a second account or need to confirm your address again.

Continue to Sign-up"

What the heck? What happened? I have not received any emails warning me that my domain was going to be deleted. Is this just a glitch? TIA

Last edited:

jw79

Reaction score
Did all the mods run off? I usually get a reply within a few hours, but it has been more than a day.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately based on what we can see from the login logs, it appears that a login was missed in the account's history around Feb 2, when the account looks to have been suspended for inactivity. This suspension wasn't removed via the account panel within 21 days, and the account was terminated as a result.

I do see there was a login to the account panel on Feb 3, however if the account is already suspended (which looks to be the case) it doesn't immediately unsuspend - you need to click the button to do so. With the old account having been terminated you would be able to create a new account, but we aren't able to recover the contents of the terminated account.

jw79

Reaction score
What page did you use to log in via?
I always go to x10hosting.com to log in.

Unfortunately based on what we can see from the login logs, it appears that a login was missed in the account's history around Feb 2, when the account looks to have been suspended for inactivity. This suspension wasn't removed via the account panel within 21 days, and the account was terminated as a result.

I do see there was a login to the account panel on Feb 3, however if the account is already suspended (which looks to be the case) it doesn't immediately unsuspend - you need to click the button to do so. With the old account having been terminated you would be able to create a new account, but we aren't able to recover the contents of the terminated account.
It's weird. I try to remember to log in once a month to keep my account open, but if I don't I always got an email on the 2nd reminding me too, but did not this month. Luckily I kept a backup of my site so having to create a new account and start over is not that bad.

kenny9

Reaction score
The login requirements is once every 30 days, not once a month. The difference can cause a problem. I try to log in at least every two weeks or so and before I go out of town and again when I return home.

Status
Not open for further replies.