Domain issue once my website is uploaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

heartlandbaptist

Reaction score
When I upload my website to your server, my paid domain name doesn't work. For instance, I cannot go to heartlandministries.info. I am instead taken to some directory page where if I click on the name of my FTP account, I am taken to my website with a strangely extended url. How can I get it to where I can upload my site, type in my paid domain of www.heartlandministries.info and be taken to my website?

heartlandbaptist

Reaction score
I guess so. All I wanted is to be able to type in heartlandministries.info and get to the site. How do I go about doing that? I can reupload it if I need to.

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
You can re upload it or login to Cpanel -> File Manger then just move all your files to public_html folder

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
that will get rid of all the strange end-of-url extensions?

Yes ,public_html is the default folder for uploading file. But your path is like this public_html/h/home.html.
so just move it from h folder to public_html folder

heartlandbaptist

Reaction score
Okay. I tried, but I can't get it our of the H folder onto the public_html. The H folder is in the public HTML. How do I fix this? Is there just a better way to upload it from cyberduck that wouldn't cause this problem?

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello, the easiest way is if you have a backup of all those files on your computer, is to delete the whole H folder from your website and then re-upload all the files to your public_html via File Manager in cPanel instead. :) Saves you having to worry about moving files and things like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.