domain issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

m0ldyy

Reaction score
I'm posting here because I didn't get help in the community support thing and I'm reposting with pictures to make this easier.

My main site is hosted on blogger and my forum is hosted here on x10.

My domain is with 1&1 as you can see in the picture below I want forum.dota2elite.com to point to my forum here on x10.

This picture shows my DNS settings on 1&1:

Mx6e3Id.jpg

and this picture shows what I'm trying to do on the x10 cpanel:

tdhR3s6.jpg

Whenever I click that "Add Domain" button I get this error:

Using nameservers with the following IPs: 91.230.195.150,85.159.233.17,108.59.1.205,85.25.34.84 Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

What am I doing wrong?

[Edit]
I have now contacted 1&1, x10hosting, and cloudns.net on this subject and hope to get it resolved soon.

Last edited:

m0ldyy

Reaction score
Bringing you to update right now.

1and1 told to me to contact cloudns.

cloudns told me to add a CNAME for the subdomain.

what do I put in the "point to" field?

anything else I gotta do?

P8CmbOu.jpg

m0ldyy

Reaction score
I added A records to point to x10 IP's, is this what I am supposed to do?

DgTuxN6.jpg

but still get this error in the x10 cpanel:

Using nameservers with the following IPs: 108.59.1.205,91.230.195.150,85.25.34.84,85.159.233.17 Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
You set the A record the the Address of the Server for your Free Hosting Account NOT TO THE ADDRESSES OF THE NAMESERVERS. YOUR ACCOUNT IS NOT ON A NAMESERVER.

Ping your free account URL or use some other tool to find the IP. Since you haven't disclosed that infomation, I cannot do that for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.