Domain name help

Status
Not open for further replies.

animewatch

Reaction score
Hi I am looking into a domain name and want to know several things. Please give me a step by step guide, (not long) on how to regsiter and point a domain to my site http://anime101.x10hosting.com .
Please give me a domain registerar and tell me how will it work.
Thanks.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
OK. What you'll need to do is register a domain first. (If you don't have a domain name, go to co.cc or co.nr to get a free one)
I've heard GoDaddy.com is a good domain registrar (from x10ers)
If you don't have PayPal, but have AlertPay or Egold, use web4africa.net
Next, there will most likely be some kind of control panel. Search around until you find options to change any of the following key words:
nameserver, dns, ns
There will probably be something like
ns1.whateverthehostis.com
ns2.whateverthehostis.com
Change those to
ns1.x10hosting.com
and
ns2.x10hosting.com

If there is ns3,4 etc, just delete them and leave them blank.
Then, wait however long they tell you to (usually 2 business days) then go to cPanel in your x10hosting site. (http://anime101.x10hosting.com:2082 )
Click on Parked domains.
Enter your domain name in the format of
animewhatever.com
Of course it doesn't have to be .com, it could be .net, .org, .biz, .tv, .co.cc, .co.nr, .biz.ly, .tl.my etc.
Now whatever is on your main domain (anime101.x10hosting.com) will show up the same on your new domain.
Good Luck! :)

Last edited:

sunils

Reaction score
I am moving this thread to offtopic since it doesnot fit in the tutorial section. Tutorial section consist of tutorials and its not a place to ask for help.

Gamernotnerd

Reaction score
Just don't use biz.ly it's not too bad but the ads are too much... POPUPS!

animewatch

Reaction score
ok, but i thought it belonged in toturial because i was askinf for a tutorial on domain names, anyways thanks for the help...how do i close this thread now...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.