Domain Name/Pointing name servers, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

reject

Reaction score
I just purchased a domain in the last hour or so. I'm sure theres a thread on this and something I can read up on, but the search is being screwy for me. So how exactly do I point my domain that I just registered to my current x10 website? Thanks.

Current website: bostondiehards.elementfx.com
Domain I just bought: bostondiehards.com

Chris73

Reaction score
Log into your account management panel change domain name to the newly purchased domain.,.. go to the domain registrar where you purchased the domain and set the nameservers to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com.

reject

Reaction score
Thanks. I just did that. Now my pages are all screwy, and when I try to log into the forums it gives me a x10 404 error. Is it just the change waiting to process or something totally different?

Chris73

Reaction score
I will change the settings to get you set up right

brownpimp88

Reaction score
I will change the settings to get you set up right

Hi Chris,

I am in the same situation as the opening poster, so I thought there was no reason to make another thread.

I did the same as you instructed to the OP, and everything is working fine. The only problem is, when I type in my site(www.mmaoverdrive.com), all it does it redirect it to my x10 domain(mmaoverdrive.x10hosting.com). I'd like to so that mmaoverdrive.com is the only thing visible to visitors, and my purchased domain is the ONLY domain in use.

Can you please set this up for me?

Thanks alot.

reject

Reaction score
Now nothing is showing up. I must have done something wrong, I'm just not sure what.

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
@reject, your redirection is done by your script. I tried to look for the config file of your CMS but couldn't find the one holding the domain. You should find it and replace your previous domain for: bostondiehards.com. If not you should ask for help in the CMS forum.

@brownpimp88, next time please create your own thread. Your problem was that you had the domain: mmaoverdrive.com set as "Parked Domain", that's why it didn't set as your main domain. I removed it from "Parked Domains" and set it as your primary domain. But it also seems you've a CMS installed. You should set your config file to point your new domain too.

Last edited:

reject

Reaction score
I haven't found the file yet. But I'm looking. If I cant find it, would re-installing the scripts make it work? I didn't have much up there anyway, and it wouldn't be a big loss to replace it.

Thanks for the great help.

EAGarcia

Reaction score
sry to intrude but i have the same problem. although my x10 subdomain does go to my website, my domain that i bought doesnt.... i set the nameservers correctly yet i get a 404 error and then later when i try again it just leads me to google the domain is thehiddenweb.net i tryed everything i could im my power. please help thank you =)

Fedlerner

Community Support
Reaction score
I've added the domain: bostondiehards.elementfx.com as a "Parked Domain" in your account.
You should be able to access your CMS with that URL now.
Login to the Admin panel in your CMS and change the main URL to bostondiehards.com.

Once this is done, you should be able to enter your website with bostondiehards.com, and remove the Parked domain.

You may need to clear your temp files and cache, and make a flush of your DNS to see your website.

@EAGarcia, create your own thread to get support.

Last edited:

Fedlerner

Community Support
Reaction score
Great!
If the error persists feel free to re-open this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.