Domain Name Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

syedsaid

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I recently bought a domain name (syedsaid.com) from Google who is partnered with eNom.
I changed my primary domain in my account.
Primary Domain:http://syedsaid.com
On my domain name's control panel i set it to:
Domain Name Server 1: ns1.x10hosting.com

Every time i put ns2.x10hosting.com, it shows this:
Domain Name Server 1: ns2.x10hosting.com
Domain Name Server 2: ns1.x10hosting.com
I'm not sure if that might messed things up. So i removed it ns2.x10hosting.com. Can ns2 come before ns1, or does that not matter?

Before I changed my primary domain name, I parked it in the cPanel. But when I did that, it worked, but every time you would go to the domain it would show syedsaid.exofire.net in the address bar (since that was the primary name before i changed it). I thought changing the primary domain would solve the problem.

Does anyone know what I can do to get my domain to work. My site is on the NameAbsolut.x10 server.
Do you need any more information about my problem? Thanks in advance.

PS: Can I use the server's IP address instead of the name server?

Last edited:

aneotoena

Reaction score
1.- Yes you can use the ip and create an A record instead of a ns record.
2.- Dns transfers can take up to 72 hours to propagate(work) so don't expect to work inmediately

syedsaid

Reaction score
I can see hope! My domain name (syedsaid.com) for some reason gets forwarded to my old primary domain, syedsaid.exofire.net. I can login to my cPanel perfectly, and all my files seem to be there.
How can I change setup the domain to not forward. (There is nothing in my parked domain).
Do you think the DNS is currently updating and only part of it works?

I'll wait a few more hours.

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.