Domain name setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

sitk_king

Reaction score
Hi,

Once you buy a domain name and direct it to x10hosting's nameservers, how would I go about setting it up so it works?

Soroush King,

Matt

Reaction score
You must set your account to know it is using the domain name. You can do so by going in to cpanel and adding it into either parked domains, or addon domains. Once you do that, your account may take up to 72 hours to propagate the domain.

sitk_king

Reaction score
When I try to add my new domain to Parked Domains, it just gives an error saying - "mydomain.com is owned by another user."

n4tec

Reaction score
sitk_king said:
When I try to add my new domain to Parked Domains, it just gives an error saying - "mydomain.com is owned by another user."

Is it an addon domain? Is the domain using the x10 nameservers?

sitk_king

Reaction score
no i have not yet added it to Addon Domains. Should I have? I tried adding it to Parked Domains.

And yes it is using x10hosting's nameservers ie. ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting .

Matt

Reaction score
mydomain.com wont work because it is taken. You do not own the domain name. You must enter the domain that you own.

sitk_king

Reaction score
mydomain.com was just an example. My actual domain is articles-and-tools.com, which if you do a whois lookup you will see that it is owned by Soroush (that's me).

It still gives the same error today.

Matt

Reaction score
If you just recently entered the domain, it has to propagate on the DNS. This may take up to 72 hours. You should still be able to access your site through the subdomain and IP.

sitk_king

Reaction score
thanks. Its only been 48 hours so I guess it still hasn't propagated yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.