Domain name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhekelian

Reaction score
I'm redoing our forum but the name doesn't fit anymore. Is it possible to change my domain name?

dhekelian

Reaction score
Cheers m8, found it.

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

Hi I have managed to rename my domain as woden.co.cc and i have removed my old forum stuff and uploaded new stuff but it won,t let me install.

I have uploaded the stuff to the same folder and I'm using the install suffix but it isn't working, there is a message saying if I wanted to register this site free ETC but that is all.

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
Did you just register your CO.CC domain? CO.CC is a bit slow at updating their DNS records and system. It can take up to 48 hours to properly update.

dhekelian

Reaction score
I changed the domain name but didn't realise I had to register it, does exofire take long?

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Your exofire domain now shows the defaultwebpage.cgi for me. The system sometimes takes 12-24 hrs to reflect the change in domain names.

If you change it again, it will just take longer.

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
I changed the domain name but didn't realise I had to register it, does exofire take long?

You don't need to register x10hosting subdomains like exofire.net and x10.mx. To use them, just change your main domain.

However, CO.CC is a third party service from http://www.co.cc. It works like a real domain, but its free (for personal use).

It looks like your CO.CC domain (crowsy.co.cc) is fully registered now.

Remember to set up (in CO.CC Control Panel) to point your domain nameservers to:
ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

Last edited:

dhekelian

Reaction score
thanks, wished I knew this at the start then I wouldn't have used co.cc but have now, nm. Thanks for the help.

dhekelian

Reaction score
Hi, I'm still having trouble. I have managed to get the domain name changed and I uploaded software and installed a new forum. The trouble I have now is with ftp.

I can use the file manager on the server and I made a public ftp account but if I connect to ftp with a third party ftp program it connects but it is empty, I used to use a ftp program before with no problems.

Also within the forum I have installed there is an option to make files writable which is important to me at the moment as I want to edit files but when you attempt to do it it asks you for your ftp details. I entered the correct details but tells me that it cannot connect to the ftp account, I wrote the relevant information down so I did not forget. Any ideas? Cheers.

dhekelian

Reaction score
Just to update, I think there is something wrong wether with the configuration or something I have done. When I connect to the site via ftp I see nothing. I tried using the core ftp program just in case but even though it connected it was blank.

I have installed a forum to the public_html folder, could you confirm this is correct?
Perhaps someone could check my space to see nothing is amiss? www.crowsy.co.cc. The forum itself seems ok it is the ftp.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
What settings are you using to connect to your site through ftp? Please leave out your password when posting this.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Address: crowsy.co.cc
Username is your cPanel username
Password is your cPanel password

let me know if you can get that to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.