Domain not working without WWW

Status
Not open for further replies.

sitk_king

Reaction score
Hello,

My site is located at www.articlesandtools.com under a X10 Advanced hosting plan. It works great as www.articlesandtools.com, but without the www., as in just articlesandtools.com, it doesn't seem to work. This is usually just a simple DNS configuration mistake, so can you please fix it as soon as you can (visitors are thinking the site is down when they visit articlesandtools.com).

Thanks for all your help,
Soroush King,

TranceOperator

Reaction score
Actually http://articlesandtools.com works for me.

Did you just buy your domain not too long ago? Sometimes the DNS has to propogate all around and gets to you last :)) which sucks

Yesterday I switched my domain to a new host, and then after a while when I went to elitenick.com it loaded the site from the old host, and when I put www.elitenick.com it loaded the site from my new host but eventually (like 3 hours later) it worked normal

Last edited:

oab

Reaction score
doesnt work for me either without the www, but it does with, i sont know man i cant help ya

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
With or without www, it doesn't work for me.

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Thats cause his account was suspended. Not a good idea to post a site when you modify the ad code :p

oscar.j4l

Reaction score
I think you're suspended becouse you modified the ad code, and if you read the TOS, you can't modify it.... so i don't know, talk to one of the mods about it.

sitk_king

Reaction score
I didn't modify the code, there was a <font size="2"> BEFORE the code, but I have seen other x10 hosted sites with the exact same thing which are not suspended. That's why I thought it was allowed. If an admin wants, I'll give examples of other sites with the same thing, and if it is not allowed, I'll remove the tag without hestitation.

Soroush King,

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Thats called modifying it and it's not allowed. I really wouldnt have said nothing if you didnt have a million other ads on your site.

PM me some of the other sites if you want.

Last edited:

sitk_king

Reaction score
Dear Tyler,

I understand. Could you unsuspend me so I can fix the problem?

Sorry for the trouble.
Soroush King,

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Yeah I can do that since at leaste you put the code up ;) just change it back to its original state.

sitk_king

Reaction score
Thank you so much Tyler for your quick and helpful responses. Once again, sorry for the trouble, I really didn't mean to break any rules.

Is it ok if the ad (the text link) is put at the bottom of my site, or is that against the rules?

sitk_king

Reaction score
Ok, I have removed the tag, and the ad is in its original form on the bottom of every page(I read in a thread that text link does not have to be in top 500 pixels).

Back to my original problem - www.articlesandtools.com works, but articlesandtools.com (without WWW) still does not work. Can anyone tell me why?

oscar.j4l

Reaction score
Mabey it's your web browser.... and i think you have to put the ad code somewhere where you can see it without scrolling down.

sitk_king

Reaction score
No, I read in a thread that the banner for X10 Corporate has to be in top 500 pixels, but the text link for X10 Advanced can be anywhere on the page.

Anyone got any solutions to my URL problem?

oscar.j4l

Reaction score
No.... it may bet your web browser.... try using somthing else, becouse it works fine with or without the www.! or try using another computer at someone elses house.

sitk_king

Reaction score
hey again,

I have tested it, and it seems articlesandtools.com without the WWW works in Firefox but not IE, which is very strange. The only reason that Firefox works is that, when it can't find a site without www, it automatically adds the www (the address bar does not change, but it definately connects to www.articlesandtools.com). Therefore this is not a solution and I still need a fix. I think only the admins can fix this because it seems to be an issue with DNS and nameservers.

Soroush King,

Matt

Reaction score
I just checked and I see what you are talking about. Did you make any modifications to the .htaccess? if you didnt, first download it to your computer, then delete it from your hosting account and try accessing the site withou the www. it should work. I had that trouble myself and thats what I had to do.

The reason you downloaded it is so you can easily restore it.

sitk_king

Reaction score
I tried deleting the .htaccess but the problem did not fix. I have now restored the .htaccess because it contains hotlinking information as well as important redirects for my site.

I will also mention that my other URL for the hosting account, articles-and-tools.com, works with and without the WWW. I added this domain myself using Cpanel, but the domain articlesandtools.com was upgraded from a subdomain to a domain for me by an admin.

Soroush King,

Status
Not open for further replies.