Domain Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidburn0520

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just recently noticed that our website is having domain problems - at least, that's what it looks like. We have our Add-on Domain setup properly in cPanel and all seems to be working fine as far as our forum goes. When our users go to soljasrevenge.com/forum -- the address stays as such -- now, when people go to other directories on our site, say for example: soljasrevenge.com/images; the URL in the Address Bar changes from soljasrevenge.com to www.clansr.x10hosting.com. Thus far I've had a handful of people confirm that it is happening, so it's not something on my end. I'd appreciate it if an Account Manager or someone could take a look and see what's up.

PS. At first I noticed it when I installed a testboard for our forum, so I assumed it was something wrong with the testboard. I searched at vB's Support Forum and found a thread in which a member was having a similar problem, one of the vB Support Staff suggested the following:

I think you'll have to ask them to make a VirtualHost entry in httpd.conf for the domain and point the DocumentRoot to the directory of the subdomain.

I'm not sure if that's what needs to be done or not, but I thought I'd try and save you guys a few steps if at all possible. Thanks again.

cetutnx1

Reaction score
I don't think that this is a "domain problem", try it your self if you write in the url soljasrevenge.com/forum (without the final slash or a reference to a file) it will redirect you to the "main domain", i realy don't know why this happens, my guess will tell consult Apache

acidburn0520

Reaction score
He's right. If I add a final slash afterwards, it goes through fine, without it the URL changes to clansr.x10hosting.com -- somebody needs to fix that.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Is it an add-on domain or parked domain.

Parked domain is "parked" over the old one, so apache uses the old one.

An Add-on domain has a seperate dir like /forums you be /home/username/public_html/domain dir/forums

so http://sub-domain.x10hosting.com/forums wouldnt work.

It looks like you parked it.

acidburn0520

Reaction score
Can an account manager set it as an Add-on domain for me?

Edit: I just looked in cPanel -- according to it, I set the Domain as a Parked Domain; there are no Add-on Domains. What gives?

Last edited:

YamiKaitou

Reaction score
To set it as an Add-On, you click the image next to Parked Domains.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
We cant access your cPanel.

1. Unpark Domain
2. Add-on domain
3. Move files to new folder

Thats the steps to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.