Domain problems :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woolie

Reaction score
Hi all, i recently purchased a domain - woolie.co.uk- i got my x10 subdomain removed and this domain added but if i try to access any other files that don't have the HTML extension, in FireFox it just doesnt load at all and i says that woolie.x10hosting.com does not exist, which is true, but why is it wanting to point to the old subdomain?. I got the nameservers set to ns1 & ns2.x10hosting.com. Also if i try to view it in IE and it gives me the 404 but if i refresh the page loads?! I got rid of all the cache, history and stuff because i thought that could be the problem but it doesn't cure it. Can any one help? If what you say works, i'll donate 20 points to you.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
If you're using a script like PHP-Nuke or something it will probably have your old subdomain in the config files. So all the links will point to that. Are you using a script?

-Corey

Woolie

Reaction score
I was using PHPBB and 4images image gallery, and that problem happened after the domain was changed. I assusmed that something might go wrong when the domain change so i was prepared for that. When the domain update was complete i deleted the old scripts and installed new ones through fantastico, but it's giving me the same error.

Matthews255

Reaction score
i have the EXACT same problem.

we seem to have had the same updates then i pointed my 123-reg domain to ghostgfx.co.uk.

is that the problem?

Matthews255

Reaction score
cPanel says,

Welcome ghostgfx.co.uk!

which is good, so i made my 123-reg domain point to ghosthgx.co.uk from adam255.x10hosting.com.

now 'ghostgfx.co.uk cannot be found'

i changed the forwarding ages ago and it doesnt work.

Im getting a bit annoyed at this as it should work,

the name servers are at ns1.x10hosting.com + ns2.x10hosting.com

if thats right then theres no explanation.

Im not gonna start another topic for the same problem but im getting a bit impatient and i guess woolie is too.

Thanks.

EDIT: and the odd thing is that ive been uploading stuff to ftp.adam255.x10hosting which shouldant exist.

Last edited:

Matthews255

Reaction score
im asking nicely.

I will start spamming if NO one replies to this topic.

Matthews255

Reaction score
I have never thought id be thinking about finding another host.

over 5 days ive had this problem and in them days there have been countless mods and admins online.

JUST POST TO SAY YOUVE SEEN THE DAM TOPIC AND IL BE HAPPY.

please, please help.

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
For both of you, you got those domains set as the root domain right?

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Do you guys have hotlinking enabled?

Jease guys you need to give us time as you can see unless you are not reading other posts, we are having some server issues. I have been going through accounts like crazy and havent had alot of time to post on the forums. I dont know why another mod did not try helping you out but oh well im here to help.

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Yeah that was the problem, Woolie I have disabled hotlinking on your site untill you update your domain because it was set with your old subdomain

Matthew: Yours was a dns problem, It should be fixed now ;)

Last edited:

Woolie

Reaction score
Thank you so much. Much appreciated. Sorry for the bumping.

Status
Not open for further replies.