Domain Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsobeck

Reaction score
I have Google Apps for Domains, and I want to enable custom addresses. However, it says I need to create CNAME records with my domain host. The registrar I used is NameCheap, and after I transferred the DNS to x10, I no longer have the ability to create CNAME records at the NameCheap site. Is there any way for me (or an admin) to add a CNAME record for my domain? (I didn't see anything like that in cPanel.)

YamiKaitou

Reaction score
Only the people who have access to the domain control panel, hint you, can do it. Just because you forward the DNS to x10's, doesn't mean that x10 has control over the domain. Control of it is still with the people you bought it from

Last edited:

jsobeck

Reaction score
That's what I thought, but I can't control the CNAME records anymore apparently because of the DNS transfer.

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
That's what I thought, but I can't control the CNAME records anymore apparently because of the DNS transfer.

Maybe contact your domain registrar's customer service and ask them to help you??

jsobeck

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking, I just wanted to make sure no one here at x10 could do the editing for me.

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
Do the following:

Take the x10 nameservers out. Find out which server you are on (and get the IP).

Create A records for www, @ (yourdomain.com), and * and set em to x10 ip.

Then create an mx record for x10 on the main domain and address as above.

Then you can create cname records.

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Glad you got it worked out properly.

Since problem was fixed, I'll lock this. :lockd:

Status
Not open for further replies.