Domain registrars

J.Wales

Reaction score
I usually use godaddy to register all my domains, but I'm really getting sick of all the hoops and hurtles you have to crawl through to renew and register. I would like to find an equivalent service that is less ad crazy. Something down to earth, quick, simple, and just does one thing, registrars domain names and does not try to sell me everything under the sun...

Anyone have good experience with other registrars? Please list.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I use 1&1 UK and have nothing but praise for the service. The one time I did have issues (change of home address) they were quick and sorted it out straight away. Bought another domain yesterday and it was up and running in an hour.

I believe you can order domains through x10Hosting still, too...

labrat1461

Reaction score
I really like namecheap, I used godaddy before them and then switched. great so far :p.

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I really like namecheap, I used godaddy before them and then switched. great so far :p.

How different is namecheap from godaddy..I am about to choose godaddy and then I see your post here and hence I thought I would ask you before I set on one.

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
I have had the best experience with Namecheap. Their support staff were very helpful and provided quick responses and the domain registration process was fast. The control panel is straightforward and easy to use. For new domain registrations, there's always a monthly coupon code available.

I initially started with Register.com because they had a free domain offer, except I transferred my domain away after realizing that their prices are very high at 35.00 USD/year compared to others (around 10.00 USD/year). Besides the high prices (I don't know how it is now though. I can't find domain only prices), I have no complaints with them.

I also tried out 1&1 with another free domain offer and in my experience, I wasn't really happy here. My domain took about 3 days to allow me to change the nameservers. Canceling auto-renewal randomly cancelled my Whois protection without warning.

I never tried Godaddy, so can't give any opinions about them, although I've read reviews and also really dislike their advertisements.

Currently, I have all my domains registered at Namecheap.

Last edited:

bltgamemasterx74

Reaction score
I have had the best experience with Namecheap. Their support staff were very helpful and provided quick responses and the domain registration process was fast. The control panel is straightforward and easy to use. For new domain registrations, there's always a monthly coupon code available.

I never tried Godaddy, so can't give any opinions about them, although I've read reviews and also really dislike their advertisements.

Currently, I have all my domains registered at Namecheap.

I don't think I could have said it any better. They are amazing! My domain was hosted here on x10 in about a hour. Fast, safe, and reliable.

begench

Reaction score
hi
i didnt use godaddy, but im using name.com; i cant compare it with godaddy but its pretty good and simple to use,and responses quickly to any message to support center

remy87x18

Reaction score
From the reviews that I read so far, they seemed to recommend Namecheap. When I'm ready, this would be the place I will go to.

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
does any of these registrars give a safeguard from "whois" stuff?
Though I dont want to hide details, a free option can save certain things..
does godaddy offer this?