Domain transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

deviousf

Reaction score
hi i own intimate-elegance.com and have it hosted with one.com i would like to transfer it here. i have the Authorization code from them. i have sent them a request to change name servers. but they say that hosting.com needs to use my auth code to move my domain. cant find anywhere on here as to who to send the code to

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Transferring domains would normally mean you're changing domain registrars entirely; you may be able to do this via x10Premium (not sure it'd be free to do so), however I'm not sure what you're doing is what you intended to do - if you're wanting the domain to point to your hosting account, you don't need to transfer it at all. You should be able to change the nameservers on the domain to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com, then use it either as a Parked Domain or Addon Domain. Parked will cause it to serve the content under public_html as though it was your x10hosting free-domain; Addon will create a new subfolder where you can install the site you wish it to display from.

ajstetson17

Reaction score
I believe I may see your problem. You have your domain name registered through one.com, which is also hosting your site, right? I'm assuming you want to cancel with them and move your site here. If this is the case, you will have to transfer your domain to another domain registrar (namesilo, namecheap, etc.) and point the nameservers here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.