Domain?

echo_unlimited

Reaction score
Help with domain?

Ok so...... I just need to know how to make a domain name with .com at the end of it..

Example: www.chatrooms.com

Is there anyway to make something like that if so I would LOVE to know how to do that..................... Buuuuut I don't want www.chatrooms.x10hosting.com

If anyone will tell meh how to do it then Il Thank you very much.

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
echo_unlimited said:
Help with domain?

Ok so...... I just need to know how to make a domain name with .com at the end of it..

Example: www.chatrooms.com

Is there anyway to make something like that if so I would LOVE to know how to do that..................... Buuuuut I don't want www.chatrooms.x10hosting.com

If anyone will tell meh how to do it then Il Thank you very much.
You buy one, Or if you get 1500 points on the x10 forums you can buy one from the shop.

But yea you can buy domains for cheep now, I got mines for $2 canadain.. but most places ask for like $9 us if I'm right?

echo_unlimited

Reaction score
ohh thats why people want points........ I seee. Thanks where did you get yours from I know you can get a domain name from yahoo 2.99 a year or something like that.

I might actually try and get 1500.0 points.......... lol.

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Godaddy.com is good, I got mine from yahoo for 2.99 a year. Which is very good but to get you have to have a yahoo account.

oscar.j4l

Reaction score
yeah... i used yahoo for my domain which i got for 2 years for 5 bucks... :) it's great...

echo_unlimited

Reaction score
Well, is there an option where you can have a domain for life? if so how much would that be on yahoo?

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
echo_unlimited said:
Well, is there an option where you can have a domain for life? if so how much would that be on yahoo?
Nope there is no one that I know who will give them for life, For 5 years at yahoo it's like $14 CA and $5 CA fro two years.

AKValle26

Reaction score
Theres none that sell them forever, but there are some that sell them for 100 years

echo_unlimited

Reaction score
Nahh I want a domain like .org .net .com that kind thing.

100 years seems good enough for me....Hmmmm, say if I got a domain here if I collected 1500 points how long would that last?

Is there any way I can BUY a domain here, A life time one?

Last edited:

Eagle

Reaction score
lol these posts are funny

echo_unlimited said:
100 years seems good enough for me....Hmmmm, say if I got a domain here if I collected 1500 points how long would that last?

It'll last 1 year if i'm correct

echo_unlimited said:

nope lol... someone already said there's no such thing as a life time domain ;)

Last edited:

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Eagle said:
lol these posts are funny

echo_unlimited said:

It'll last 1 year if i'm correct

echo_unlimited said:

nope lol... someone already said there's no such thing as a life time domain ;)
'
Yep you are correct, it will last one year.

Correct again 1 year is the max you can have one from x10.

Jordan K

[B]tags dont work:([/B]
Reaction score
echo_unlimited said:
Ohhhhhhhhhh! Ok then erm has anyone got a link to this 100 year domain name?

When you find a company that offers domain names for 100 years, they have gone retardedly insane. Obviously they cannot garuntee their success for another 100 years because technology will change so fast within the next 50 years you cannot predict that your products will even be useful and not obsolete. Basically they are feeding you a mouthful of bull**** so they can collect a lump sum of cash and give you a domain until they decide to cash out...

Probably run by some 50 year old man living in his mom's basement.:eek:wned:

echo_unlimited

Reaction score
Ok then, Il stick with the Yahoo one btw ok then but when I pay 2.99 a year that means I can have it as long as I can if I just pay for it 2.99 a year. =)

Thanks guys.

Jordan K

[B]tags dont work:([/B]
Reaction score
echo_unlimited said:
Ok then, Il stick with the Yahoo one btw ok then but when I pay 2.99 a year that means I can have it as long as I can if I just pay for it 2.99 a year. =)

Thanks guys.

Yeah, the Yahoo.com domain thing is interesting. I was shocked when I saw somewhere here that you can buy a domain for $3/year. I thought you had to be signed up with some plan or something but I did some checking out for myself and it's simply amazing.

echo_unlimited

Reaction score
And what when I get this Domain it changes this host to something else on my account instead of having x10hosting on the URL it would be .com .org .net right?

Also what if I purchased a host which allowed domains like that then would those domains on that paid host last forever until the host died out?