Domain..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan_bowen_200624

Reaction score
ok my freind bought a domain (americawars.net) for my game(with go daddy) :D because hes a very good co-owner, but were having abit of problems, hes done the nameservers thingy, and ive changed the domain to americawars.net on modify domain, BUT it still hasnt changed i think hes accepted it or somthing on my freinds side he said he has but americawars.net keeps going from go daddy temp site, and then do americawars.net/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi or somthing so i would aprecciate some help :)

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
You currently have a redirect from americawars.net to americawars.americawars.exofire.net which gives an error.

Open up your .htaccess via cPanel-->FileManager or FTP and remove the lines causing the redirect.

ryan_bowen_200624

Reaction score
i cant find .htaccess file :S

edit:nevermind i delete the redirection from the subdomain on the cpanel i tohught i deleted it lol. thanks alot ive got it working now, ive gotta make the old domani redirect to the new domain to make sure we dont lose users :D how would i make americawars.exofire.net redirect to americawars.net?

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Go to cPanel, click on reset all interface settings at bottom of page.

Then click on File Manager Icon, check 'show hidden(dot) files' and 'do not show again'. .htaccess should be the first file after the directories in public_html

ryan_bowen_200624

Reaction score
ive sorted that as in the edit so all i need is my old domani (americawars.exofire.net) redirect to my new (americawars.net) thanks

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Park the domain americawars.exofire.net in cPanel and setup a redirect on it.

Last edited:

ryan_bowen_200624

Reaction score
i added it to parked domains and added the redirection to americawars.net but americawars.exofire.net deosent redirect

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
It is redirecting fine here. Flush your DNS and clear your browser cache.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Since Your problem is resolved Now. I am going to close this thread to mark it as resolved. Feel free to create a new thread if you need more help.
***Thread Closed***

Status
Not open for further replies.