Don't You Love It When.....

Danielx386

Reaction score
In general, but I really love it when you get free software. (But I don't alway use it)

fractalfeline

Reaction score
Yay free stuff! :lockd:

I like free food and free drinks, but free software is good too :)

The quality of being free = freedom
Thus I love freedom :)

ah-blabla

Reaction score
Yay free stuff! :lockd:

I like free food and free drinks, but free software is good too :)

The quality of being free = freedom
Thus I love freedom :)
I'm not sure what you mean here... You get a lot of "free" software that restricts your freedom (no cost, but not Free as in speech), whereas truly Free software isn't necessarily free of a price.

And nothing ever comes truly free... Take web hosting -- the price we pay could for example be the adverts on the forum.

rspk13

Reaction score
Well, it depends. Not everything you get free is necessarily very useful, and sometimes there's a catch to it.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I always love it when I can get free things. It saves me some money so that I can spend it on other thing such as my regular PC upgrades (which I'll be doing again in the next few months, retiring the hardware on my older machines and setting up some new hardware, and re-building my router with an Atom-based setup).

Danielx386

Reaction score
Yeah that too. I got lucky and won 2 6 month Lic for NIS, and got a free 90 day trial as swell :)

fractalfeline

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean here... You get a lot of "free" software that restricts your freedom (no cost, but not Free as in speech), whereas truly Free software isn't necessarily free of a price.

And nothing ever comes truly free... Take web hosting -- the price we pay could for example be the adverts on the forum.

It was teh humorz. Try it sometime. :)

Of course nothing's free. There's always some sort of catch. If nothing else, it gets you in the door, so you can buy the things that are NOT free. You have to be subjected to ads, or you have to sit through propaganda, or you have to sign up for an offer or credit card, etc. :dunno:

But, you get food. Or a little sticker. Postcard, keychain, coupon, highlighter, notepad, sewing kit, soda holder, nail clipper, etc.