Dot.tk

rbirro38

Reaction score
If you need to redirect your site, or change your URL, try the dot.tk. All adress will be www.yoursite.tk.

I knew this site and until now it never leave me alone.

For your subscription, access www.dot.tk

FrozenTime

Reaction score
I use that too, but like many people say, it can be risky. They are allowed to take down your domain with no warning or reason, and I've actually seen that done to someone I know (paste-bin site with no offensive content). However, they do offer the service for free, so I can't really complain (recently they actual have a way of contact, but the best I usually see is resetting them resetting the domain, making it re-registrable by anyone). Personally I haven't had any problems with it yet, but then again, my sites haven't seen too much activity. It's nice for a small site like a blog, or when you're just starting out and you aren't sure of your site idea; when you feel your site will work out, just buy an actual domain since domains aren't especially expensive.

teeyo985

Reaction score
Yes I agree that it's risky , but you can try co.cc it's FREE and powerful !

DarkMaster

Reaction score
I have a domain mycovers.tk and another called mycovers.uni.cc

uni.cc is usefull and free too.

teeyo985

Reaction score

i'll try it ! hop it supports DNS

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

there's a problem on registration :

Sign-up Form

The system was unable to process this request.

Please try to load this page again.

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
How to change the favicon in .tk domain?
Its always a green stuff there..

teeyo985

Reaction score

http://dev-info.tk > I think if you're using redirection in dot.tk ,you will see that green favicon but if you use DNS , dot.tk shows the favicon from your website !! I'm not sure, but i still can see my favicon !!

faviconxzq.png

Last edited:

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes.
Thats nice inference.
I will try and use DNS and will keep you posted.

leivanz12

Reaction score

That depends if you use or installed a site using sosftaculous/fantastico or you did it manually, there is a 90% chance that it already has already a favicon but if you did your website from scratch you can do it by adding some codes on your html document. Try searching it on google because I can't remember how to do it anymore.. T_T

teeyo985

Reaction score
<link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon" href="favicon.ico" />
that's how you do it ! change the href to the url of your favicon, and as i said you can make a favicon from an image using an online generator !

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

You put that code in the <head> !!

teeyo985

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't get what you said ! Could you rephrase your question ?

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

anyway if it's about how to configurate DNS

your panel on dot.tk should look like this : (sorry it's in french)

83004462.png

then Go to your X10Hosting Cpanel > Parked domaine and add the your domaine, in my case it's "DEV-INO.TK"

GoodLuck !

intelran94

Reaction score
I use dot.tk last year, but after I publish it and I have a 500clients know that domain example: intelran.tk after 4 - 5months my domain intelran.tk cant access and I can't register it anymore.

I did not receive any warnings or suspension warning from their side and my domain gone.

so big disturb for me and for my clients