Downtime after another . Why Host when you're not up to the responsibility ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

no-rules-9329

Reaction score
first off , i would say that the title might somewhat seem harsh , however I'm currently very disappointed . Now we all know that x10hosting is one of the best free hosting out there (or atleast was) , but with these continuous downtimes , I'm becoming skeptical . I have a university project to create a website (with a new idea), and being a loyal client of x10hosting , i wrote an 18 sheet report , talking about x10hosting , to be considered as the top host for our upcoming project , and our services would be best delivered through x10hosting . The university was willing to pay me the amount required to upgrade from free to a paid hosting plan . but for the past month , I have experienced 5 downtimes (three major ones) and the speed is slanting downwards . How frustrating it is . I have my project to be submitted for next week , and i had a fixed plan to finish it my tomorrow , but thanks to your downtime , my plans are collapsed

Thank you very much x10 , I always considered your service top notch , but now i'm starting to doubt it

george21

X10Hosting Fanatic
Prime Account
Reaction score
I'm guessing you're on starka, which is a server that's currently down unfortunately. I don't know if any other servers are down. Whilst I can understand your frustration, with the hosting industry becoming bigger and bigger, x10 are getting more demand and more customers, which causes severs to get more crowded and start facing problems.

As you're not happy, I would recommend upgrading your plan to Illuminated which would put you on a different cluster of servers which are more reliable and less crowded since they're paid. It comes down to $1 per month which for a decent server is nothing.

Last edited:

no-rules-9329

Reaction score
Thank you John for the quick reply , but i need a quick fix for the time being , i wont buy anything , not before next week , since i need to display my project to the university in the fastest time possible , and now , i could possibly loose alot of grades due to this downtime . and by the way , its true I am on starka , but I have several friends on boru and stolli , who seem to be suffering from the same issues .

markhere

Reaction score
Free Hosting - Server Outage

Free hosting servers Stoli, Starka, Boru, and Lotus are currently down. Administration is aware and working on the issue.

Note: As prime accounts are located on free hosting servers, this also affects prime users.

michellecgill9053

Reaction score
As you're not happy, I would recommend upgrading your plan to Illuminated which would put you on a different cluster of servers which are more reliable and less crowded since they're paid. It comes down to $1 per month which for a decent server is nothing.

Actually I feel him on this one. I upgraded the plan today, saw that the request to transfer from Free to Premium was "In Progress" when of course immediately after upgraded it was an open request. Well then it went back to open request and I've been sitting here for hours with a paying client on the other line with me on and off, waiting to see a demo of their website.

I don't know if there is an issue with premium servers but it would be a great coincidence that this would be the .01% chance of downtime.

george21

X10Hosting Fanatic
Prime Account
Reaction score
Thank you John for the quick reply , but i need a quick fix for the time being , i wont buy anything , not before next week , since i need to display my project to the university in the fastest time possible , and now , i could possibly loose alot of grades due to this downtime . and by the way , its true I am on starka , but I have several friends on boru and stolli , who seem to be suffering from the same issues .

To be honest though, putting something as important (in this case, your university project) on a free hosting server isn't a good idea. For example, if I were at university and suffered the problem you're having, it would look terrible on my behalf, as if I didn't want to spend a couple of measly dollars paying for hosting that will be up 99.9% of the time.

If you've got a backup, you could migrate over to another free host. If you don't have a backup, then you'll just have to wait until the server comes back online, could open a ticket and ask for a backup, but I doubt sys admins can get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.