Do you miss Sega™ Dreamcast ?

• Yes

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters

motogawa

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone still remembers Sega™ Dreamcast lol. It was the coolest thing out when ...well I dont exactly remember the graphics were pretty cool and all so were the games. In this case dead or alive. A pretty cool fighting game at the much lol filled with beautiful women. If only Nintendo™ hadn't bought them over I bet they would still be in business making games. Probably tecmo and team Ninja had to be the best makers of games for the dreamcast and not forgetting capcom with their release of Rival Schols and 燃える! Project 学園(Project Justice).

I still don't understand why really why... would Sega™ give up to such a low company as nintendo its like going from literally from rich to poor in my aspects I used to think of Sega™ so highly it wasn't even funny at times. Well it is now so lol....... Though dreamcast did have it flaws and stregnths one of them being their GD-ROM discs that were basiclly about 1.09 GB of space or around there only readable by Yamaha GD-ROM drivers and unless you had the dreamcast coder cable which was pretty much easy to find around that time. Though flaws were that games were starting to get even easier to copy and then emulators on the computer which can emulate the game disks them self onto the computer without the proper Sega™ Dreamcast hardware.

So many of those emulators including chankast actually work though but usually has few errors in the whole long run. To this extent all I can say is much that Dreamcast rocks pretty much though with advancing technology with the PS3 and Xbox360 and such its being blown away by more modern and stylish models geez. Its just sad T_T..... I'm not saying I dislike PS or Xbox its just that dreamcast was the best thing out.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
haha the dreamcast did have nice graphics.. problem was that the controller was HUGE

plus it didnt have that great of an array of games.. xbox however has the greatest games around

chaganlal1

Reaction score
No. Ill tell u why.. becuse the games were awful i played some sonic game and it was better then most. Also like sed said.. the controler was too big.

motogawa

Reaction score
LOL The controller actually rocked plus the VMU and it supported some small games on the vmu where you can take it with you and play games and such unlike most memory cards or sticks which ever you wish to call it.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
heck i dont even know what the vmu was..

so glad i never owned a dreamcast
it is the most useless system ever
if you ask me, sega gamegear or genesis had better games

memory cards and sticks are good.. but kinda pointless since most game consoles have hard drives now :D

motogawa

Reaction score
True but with most dreamcast you didnt need a mod for playing games from japan and america so.... unlike playstation where you do >.>

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
haha but im not a fan of the playstation either..

im purely xbox and pc
i cant stand rpg's and mass unit things; its all about first person shooters that are moderately realistic

Fatality

Reaction score
You know it wouldn´t hurt to widen your viewing range of games. I love my PlayStation2.

And my GameCube. The games are for little kids but they are so fun for some reason. Maybe I´m a little kid inside. xD

motogawa

Reaction score
LOL Who cares what age the games are meant for if they are fun play them lol.

XColl

Reaction score
Dreamcast went out of buissness because of the Playstation 2. It was more powerful and had alot better features than the Dreamcast. Thats why Sega lost to Sony.

Fatality

Reaction score
Classical element of PlayStation2 ownage. <3

I mean, jeez. PS2 is so fun. Dynasty Warriors games rock.

Woolie

Reaction score
Oh yes, i had a dreamcast. I didn't have a working PC it the time so it served my as an internet browser.

flankerdin

Reaction score
Ive sold my dreamcast to get a PS2.
After the born of Xbox, Dreamcast are totally lost their ways...

motogawa

Reaction score
Nyeh I don't think I'll ever sell mine its my favourite out of all the consoles so far.

flankerdin

Reaction score
PS 2 is my favourite console for now..
Im heading for PS 3...
After PS 3 Released in U.S i must wait around 3-5 Months before it comes to Malaysia marketing..

mattspec

Reaction score
dreamcast was the BEST in its class for the time...the controlers are similar to the XboX controlers of common day...that has to say something...it really is too bad that sega stopped making consoles...i mean, they were the first for everything, (game gear)color hand helds, (saturn)cd consoles, 128 bit consoles...everything...but they still make sweet games

EDIT: i dont miss it all THAT much, my church's youth group has one :D

Last edited: