Drupal Help?

tekkie77

Reaction score
Hello. I REALLY need help installing Drupal (this sounds noobish). I get to the database, and after i finnish, I get this error:
Warning: fopen(./sites/default/default.settings.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/gms/public_html/drupal/includes/install.inc on line 188

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/gms/public_html/drupal/includes/install.inc:188) in /home/gms/public_html/drupal/includes/install.inc on line 618

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/gms/public_html/drupal/includes/install.inc:188) in /home/gms/public_html/drupal/includes/install.inc on line 619
What do I do??
for database:
database:gms_drupal
database user:gms_admin
Thanks!

Last edited:

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Try this:
Go into cPanel.
Click on File Manager
Go to public_html/drupal/default/
There should be a file called default.settings.php.
COPY default.settings.php to settings.php in the same directory. It is important that you copy the file, don't rename the file.
Then try it again. :)

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
No problem, I did some Googling and found the answer here: http://drupal.org/node/284063
Also, please add to my reputation if you found my solution helpful. Instructions are below. :)

tekkie77

Reaction score
One Question about drupal: I can only see my website if i go to the directory ./drupal. Why???
Thanks if you can help me!

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
This is because you installed your Drupal installation in the folder 'drupal'. I've done this many times, accidentally and intentionally.
To alleviate the problem, go to file manager in cPanel. Go to the directory 'drupal'. Select everything by clicking 'Select All'. Then move it to 'public_html'. Now it should display your drupal installation on the root of your site.

Also, you can delete the drupal-6.17.tar file since your installation is complete.