dvd player?

bryansyk

Reaction score
hey guys... imlookin for free dvd player software for computer...
i went camping once and i took my laptop wit me cuz i thought i would watch a movie with my friends who i went camping with... but i found out that i didn't have a dvd playing software and all the media players i had were not capable of playing the dvd's VOB files. I realize there is interactual player. but i can't get that unless i rent a dvd that supports it, which allows me to install interacutal... but im too lazy and i want a program that i can download for free so i can reinstall it not some program i have to get from a dvd. recently i downloaded windvd and powerdvd... but both of their trials ended before i can watch good movies, and im kinda frustrated right now. oh please make sure that the software is spyware / virus free cuz last dvd playin software that i dled, (i believe its called advdplayer...) gave me about like 300 spywares that corrupted my system file so bad, i had to reformat my whole disk, makin me lose almost 80GB of the things i had stored on the disk. so please help me a good free adware free dvd playin software that can play VOB files.

dsfreak

Reaction score
Yea, download.com. Or (if you have it) use WMP (Windows Media Player).

Stingah

Reaction score
alot of media files u can load into windows media player or most others and if it doesn't have the correct audio/video codec, it will prompt you to download the codec. There are some exceptions to this, but if it doesn't there is software you can get that will tell you what codec it uses. Some even give you the option to download the codec if you don't already have some version of it installed. An example of this would be KC Software's VideoInspector.

Iceman

Reaction score
Check Sourceforge.net for some freeware DVD players. There is a possibility of one being there.

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
Yeha I would would go to download.com and get what you want or get WINDVD or WMA.