dyndns free domain doesnt work

Status
Not open for further replies.

chunsiang

Reaction score
okay, i pointed my subdomain gimmepeace.ath.cx to 74.86.117.243(ns1.x10hosting.com) using dyndns. however, when i tried parking gimmepeace.ath.cx via cpanel. an error was produce

Error from park wrapper: Using nameservers with the following IPs: 213.155.150.205,204.13.249.81,63.208.196.90,204.13.250.81 Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

the ip address listed there are the nameservers of dyndns.org

any help here? thanks

zero5854

Reaction score
how come your not using the x10 dns?
Also i think that Ip ur using ur supposed to use in your CNAME Record.
You do all this in your domain registrar CP.

Last edited:

chunsiang

Reaction score
oh, cos i wan a shorter url you see. they have free level 3 domain name ending with ath.cx. previously i registered another level 3 domian name and it works. however not with the second one.

my bad, the working level 3 domain is gimmepeace.ath.cx, the not working one is canttouchus.ath.cx

lambada

Reaction score
It can take up to 48 hours for the DNS change to propagate. Try parking it again in 48 hours.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Please re-open if it doesn't work or you need further assistance.

-Corey

chunsiang

Reaction score
im still having problems. waited for 72hours and it still gave me the same problem. i dun understand. last time i was able to park gimmepeace.ath.cx into my account. bud now when i deleted the parked domain and tried to park it again. it gave me the same error

Error from park wrapper: Using nameservers with the following IPs: 213.155.150.205,204.13.249.81,63.208.196.90,204.13 .250.81 Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

and when i tried to park canttouchus.ath.cx it also gave the same error

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I changed some settings, try it again and let me know.

-Corey

chunsiang

Reaction score
yeah will try when i reach home. my college blocks cpanel port, thanks
Edit:
my god, it works. thanks alot!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.