e-Bay Spoof's are all over the net!

FeestBijtje

Reaction score
This morning Ive got out of my bed and started all my computers.
After checking some e-mail Ive noticed there was SPAM mail, Ive been checking it and noticed that dear e-Bay e-mailed me after a short check Ive noticed that it was an spoof!

Because they were asking me for UPDATING my information!

With e-Bay would never ask in they're Terms Of Service and License Of Agreement Ive took a Screen Shot of it so every one would know its content and you would see that site id is 0 (Only the root service has that id!)

So be warned! Don't go to that link!

Ive checked it for security now i have to scan my Computer again because it contained an variant of the Rx-Bot virus (An self spreading worm with i worked with all the time!)

Attachments

• e-Bay-spoofmail.JPG
    e-Bay-spoofmail.JPG
    208.2 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
yeah ive received plenty of phishing attempts
my parents almost fell for one

my my how technology has gotten so corrupt.

Defication

Reaction score
This is why I love communitys, best way to get updates on dangerous events going around the net.

ZeptOr

Reaction score
i never check my emails, actually, i think my hotmail emails have been deleted because of inactivity

M

minievan

Gawd. I hate Spoof Emails. I get Loads.
There was a rumour about 3 weeks ago that someone was sending out emails saying they are 'Auvee'. I dont see the point. it wastes time in life. :O I spent a whole 46 seconds writing this. I could of jump and died within that time limit...
Tehheeeheee

--Need help?,Just Yelp!™

FeestBijtje

Reaction score
minievan said:
Gawd. I hate Spoof Emails. I get Loads.
There was a rumour about 3 weeks ago that someone was sending out emails saying they are 'Auvee'. I dont see the point. it wastes time in life. :O I spent a whole 46 seconds writing this. I could of jump and died within that time limit...
Tehheeeheee

--Need help?,Just Yelp!™

I always read the T.O.S and the licance of agreement*
Its always a good hint to know whats waiting for you!

TheSolarFire

Reaction score
That's the EXACT screen I see on mine! You MUST forward that email to 'spoof@ebay.com' Or if in UK 'spoof@ebay.co.uk'

mattspec

Reaction score
tyvm for this, i have not gotten this yet, looks convincing enough...i am addicted to ebay, so yeah, i probably wouldda fell for this, not looking at it closely...once agin tyvm for this

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
I got that same e-mail 3 weeks ago and OMG I went to to the link and when I did the page could not be displayed. When I found out it was fake I was glad!

TheSolarFire

Reaction score
Don't forget to forward ALL of the spoofs to the address I supplied, and DON'T edit the email in any way. The only way they can stop this is to get all the spoofs in and track it.