E-mail - cannot connect to outgoing server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh1billion

Reaction score
I'm trying to set up an e-mail account for my domain name on free hosting. Incoming mail works great, but outgoing e-mail does not, meaning I cannot send any e-mails.

When trying to send an e-mail, Mozilla Thunderbird says it could not connect to the outgoing mail server.

Here are the settings:

and here is the error message:

Edit:
Anyone?

Last edited:

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I just spoke with the mail server in the screenshots and got the response:
Code:
554 5.7.1 Your message failed several antispam checks (SCORING) and it was rejected or collected on joshforde.com spambox. Please be sure your mailserver is configured correctly (spf , HELO, PTR) or try using an alternative email or smtp.

You may not be having the same problem. I recommend installing wireshark & seeing exactly what response Thunderbird is getting from the mail server. You can also log sessions within Thunderbird itself. Also check the server's spambox for the messages you've sent (as the response suggests).

Here's the complete session:
Code:
220-chopin.x10hosting.com ESMTP Exim 4.69 #1 Sun, 22 Mar 2009 00:29:12 -0500 
220-We do not authorize the use of this system to transport unsolicited, 
220 and/or bulk e-mail.
EHLO 76.115.240.237
250-chopin.x10hosting.com Hello 76.115.240.237 [127.0.0.1]
250-SIZE 52428800
250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN
250 HELP
MAIL FROM: <ww.galen@gmail.com>
250 OK
RCPT TO: josh@joshforde.com
250 Accepted
DATA
354 Enter message, ending with "." on a line by itself
SUBJECT: test message

Testing SMTP in researching a post on the X10Hosting forums:
http://forums.x10hosting.com/free-hosting/96187-e-mail-cannot-connect-outgoing-server.html
554 5.7.1 Your message failed several antispam checks (SCORING) and it was rejected or collected on joshforde.com spambox. Please be sure your mailserver is configured correctly (spf , HELO, PTR) or try using an alternative email or smtp.
Connection closed by foreign host.

Status
Not open for further replies.