e-mail not working on x13

jolazox1

Reaction score
Hi folks, a few days ago I got a phone call from one of my utility providers advising that my e-mail bill had bounced back as undeliverable.

Over the past few days I have tried to send several e-mails to my email account and the most recent one sent this morning bounced back with the following error:

Message not delivered​

There was a problem delivering your message to xxxx@yyyy.zzz. See the technical details below, or try resending in a few minutes.
The response from the remote server was:
550 authentication required​

My DirectAdmin cpanel is on x13.

I haven't seen any other reports of issues on x13 in the forum, so I wonder if I am the only one experiencing this issue?

ctyrd

Reaction score
Hi folks, a few days ago I got a phone call from one of my utility providers advising that my e-mail bill had bounced back as undeliverable.

Over the past few days I have tried to send several e-mails to my email account and the most recent one sent this morning bounced back with the following error:

My DirectAdmin cpanel is on x13.

I haven't seen any other reports of issues on x13 in the forum, so I wonder if I am the only one experiencing this issue?
It is not an x13 issue. It started for me after the x10 nameservers issue. I could send mail from x10 webmail successfully. Send to the x10 email account would go "550 authentication required". After updating a DNS record it would go "550 No such recipient here".

Added a new x10 free domain, and made it default. Added email account. The new account and the default email account worked as expected. I removed/deleted the original domain. In hindsight I should have reverted the original domain back to default. I wish I had tried.

karrx10h

Reaction score
Full steps? Especially the one involved in editing the DNS record.

jolazox1

Reaction score
Mail still not working. Is anyone going to do anything about this?

thaisps

Reaction score
Same issue here.
Have anyone solved it?

Edit: I haven`t received e-mails since Apr 26th

karrx10h

Reaction score
Still broken.

For me, the last one was in 2024/04/27 @ 00:00 (UTC+2).

jolazox1

Reaction score
So over a month now with no fix, no response and no ETA on a recovery...

itspumpks

Reaction score
Hey, sorry for the late answer. Everybody this is the fix. You need DKIM to send the emails let me show you how to turn it on. You can head to Direct Admin > Email Manager > Email Accounts > Then look at the top it will say "Enable DKIM" just enable it and you should be able to send and receive emails. Also, if you are still not receiving them go to Junk or Spam.