e107 install problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

forseen

Reaction score
Hey is there any reason on the ad-free hosting for e107 not to install, because everytime i try to install i get a blank page when confirming the write to the database tables.

Its not adding any table at all, but if i use my mates database file to upload to test if its e107 it works but i delete the database so i can do a clean install and it doesn't write the tables in.

Anyone know how to fix this? if not can i try upgrading to an ad server?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
It's possible a function it is trying to use is disabled on the server. It sounds like that surpressed error outputs so you can not see what function is having the issue. You can go into your code and remove any @ symbols that are before a function on the page you are having the issues with to find out what function is having the problem.

Currently we have not 100% decided on the procedure for moving accounts between types of hosting. I will talk to Bryon tonight and see if we can figure something out.

-Corey

forseen

Reaction score
Thank you Corey, and i have seemed to fixed the problem for the moment with using easy-php ot make me a databse.sql file but still doesn't install if i tried, so just a warning to everyone else if your getting troubles.

If you get the same troubles i have a clean .sql file you can use to get it running.

Thanks once again corey.

Status
Not open for further replies.